Light-O-Rama Forums

heat sinks and heat

robert seguin, jr.

heat sinks and heat, how warm do these get. i have a plastic sealed junction box, for the controller, should i cut vents into the box, i still want it weatherproof, its only an 8 channel, with the higher amp heatsink

I believe you are talking about doing something similar to what LOR has already proven works well in their PC line of controllers. See the CTB16PC Page to see what I mean. Shouldn't be a problem. Don't think you will need vents.

Another tip is to put your location in your profile since that might affect how your questions are answered (this one and others). For example, your answer will be different if you live in the middle of the Sahara compared to the tundra of Minnesota. Plus somebody with experience in your region will be able to share their experience for your area (or offer to help with something in future situations). Trust me, I won't be the only one that will bug you about updating your profile since it is a little of a pet peeve around here. :]

I have 5 of the 8 channel controllers in a sealed wooden box and one each in sealed plastic junction boxes. Been in these for 4 years and no problems.

Anthony

robert seguin, jr. wrote:

thanks for the quick answers, i updated my profile.

Excellent. Considering that it is probably in the 40's and 50's in Nov/Dec there (maybe even 10 degrees lower at night when the show will actually be running), you will never have much to worry about with regards to overheating.