Light-O-Rama Forums

green ground wire on dangle cord set

robert seguin, jr.

Usually grounds (Green Wire) are connected together and if possible to the box if it is metal.

Correct. If you are in a plastic enclosure, and the mounting hardware does not penetrate the enclosure, (or is non conductive hardware, or is insulated from the board and heatsinks on the inside) you are double insulated, and you don't need to attach the grounds to anything but each other and the incoming ground. (in a way that can not come into contact with the controller) In a metal enclosure, you would only be single insulated, and the metal enclosure must be grounded for safety. The heat sinks would be a good option as a place attach ground, if you are in a plastic case, with mounting hardware penetrating the case.

yes i have a plastic case, i will gather all the green ground together and connect them all to the ground comming in from the power cord, thank for the information

Robert -

Here's the technique I use on all my LOR PC-series boards. The enclosures I use are almost identical to the ones LOR sells, but I don't have the luxury of the LOR metal brackets.

Basically, it's a 2-1/2" #8 machine screw with two nuts, one flat washer on each end, with the two power input grounds pretty equally spaced amongst the channel output grounds.

With everything cable-tied the way it is nothing's going anywhere.

Fabian

Attached files 200948=11171-Wiring_Close-Up.jpg