Light-O-Rama Forums

The Sale is On!!

redsea300

I ordered 2 of the 1602w and 2 pairs of the linkers. Wanted more only enough money for what I ordered. Will get the rest on the July sale.

got mine ordered and i'm glad. now i can concentrate on sequences!!!! checked out, info in, and email conformation at 10:01:54

LOR has the worst website ever! I was on at 10:00 and the system let me put 4 CTB16's in my cart. I spend 30 seconds filling out the forms and giving my credit card information an then press ok and get "The product is unavaiable".

So you let me put it in my cart and tell me there is 100 avaiable but 30 seconds later when I complete the transaction they are gone.

THAT IS CRAP!

Rich

I wanted 3 CTB16PC-COMPLETE and wife asked how much the regular and sale prices were.
She said if you buy 5 it is like getting one free.

So I got 5 !

Need some 32 channel mega tree squences.

:D

Happy Happy!

Just got my CTB16PC-KIT-PACKAGE and the software.

I just can't believe how fast stuff went!

Glad I spent the time earlier today making sure paypal was ready to go.

Bam!

I had planned purchasing a couple of units. However the wife and I are opening a new store this week and she has tight reign on the money right now. So I am hoping that I can get some on the summer sale.

I can't believe how fast the sale went...I think it was pretty disappointing actually. We logged in at 10 and filled our cart but by the time we filled out the cc info it was unavailable...Really sucks....

Guest wbottomley

MistyB wrote:

I think it was pretty disappointing actually. We logged in at 10 and filled our cart but by the time we filled out the cc info it was unavailable...Really sucks....

Yea... but, Dan had posted this disclaimer on the sale page and forums, "when an item is sold out you will not be able to add it to your shopping cart but be warned: The store also checks inventory levels when you checkout so even if you add an item to your cart it may sellout before you check out. When you add an item to the cart the current inventory level will be displayed in your shopping cart display window."

I read the disclaimer. I knew that I needed to know what I wanted and I needed to be ready at 10. I just hope that next year LOR can find a better vendor to use so this doesn't happen again.

I managed to enter the info from one CC (well had it in note pad so just copy and paste but still had to enter my personal info) only to have it decline and get another CC and enter the info.
Held my breath until my order was confirmed.
Had to be fast because they were gone when I refreshed the page.

As I think about this, I am not so sure that it makes that much difference. I understand the frustration but with a limited amount of stuff, only so many people are gonna get stuff. As it took place I can imagine that several people thought they had the same item in their cart when in fact only the first one to check out got the item. If the items were reserved when entering into the cart then one person would get it and the rest would get nothing. Same result you just find out sooner. That would save people from entering all the credit card info i guess but there is still only so much stuff to go around. I also imagine that with some time limit involved it would allow people to grab a bunch of stuff then take a little extra time to decide what they really want and what they want to put back while the rest of us wait for tho morsals to be put back. Just my 2 cents.

Rick

MistyB wrote:

I read the disclaimer. I knew that I needed to know what I wanted and I needed to be ready at 10. I just hope that next year LOR can find a better vendor to use so this doesn't happen again.

Yes... I really think that there should be a timer on the stuff placed in the card. If you can get it in the cart then you have X minutes to check out. That is really how it sould work. I realy wish we had a way to do that in the store.

Dan

pikadroo wrote:

I just got two CTB16PC full Kits and one that's just the board. Fast as hell!

Drew

I thought I share with you. That the complete assembled one that sold for $190 ish, was actually more than what they cost last year during the summer sale! Not a good deal to me!

PaulXmas wrote:

I wanted 3 CTB16PC-COMPLETE and wife asked how much the regular and sale prices were.
She said if you buy 5 it is like getting one free.

So I got 5 !

Need some 32 channel mega tree squences.

:(

Happy Happy!

I thought I share with you. That the complete assembled one that sold for $190 ish, was actually more than what they cost last year during the summer sale! Not a good deal to me!