Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX yoke light acrylic bubbles

zman

I talked to the President of Tempest Lighting today h(e is also the sales guy). I figured it would not hurt to talk to the him for a few minutes, get a price for the Tornado 2050 just to see how insane they actually were. Well, once I dropped a few names that he immediately knew, the discounted price came into the $2K range, I did not get an exact price, so I am not exactly sure where in that range where it would settle at, but that was down from $4.5K. 121_reindeer.gif

Alright pick yourselves up off the floor, I was not actually serious about buying one, I just had to know. It was interesting how a few doors opened when he found how and why I was inquiring.

OK, so it turns out that they have, and get from time to time, scratched and scuffed bubbles that they really can't use. So our conversation focused on those. What he told me is that he would be willing to sell them at his cost plus shipping. His cost is $250.00. and they would be shipped from North Hollywood, CA to your house. He would have the company pack them so that would not be included in the shipping.

I realize this is going to be out of price ranges for some, but, it is one solution others may opt to use. As far as how I would use this, I have my design floating around in my head, it would require inverting the yoke light upside down and hanging it from a make shift pipe structure or truss.

Here is the website, Tim Burnham is the guy to talk to if you are interested:

http://www.tempestlighting.com/products.html

Below are 2 pics. The close up attempts to show the scuff. It is just above the flash dot and just below the left edge of the piece of wood you see sitting behind the bubble.

Attached files 198685=11077-100_0420.JPG

Thanks so much for posting this! This is exactly what I have been looking for. Honestly for most everyone I don't think a scratch or scuff is going to be too big of a deal.

I am with Robin on this one. I bought from them and they are excellent quality and you can't beat the price. Mine was under snow for a good portion of the season and not a single issue with the dome.

Don't disagree, I have used these guys as well. However, the 30" dome that they list is only $632. Getting a dome to cover the pan and tilt for my units gets me a very lare dome and housing that has to be created. In addition, the company was very helpful, but also very LATE getting me the domes I ordered previously.

I realize there are trade offs.

• The topic was locked