Light-O-Rama Forums

Kill-A-Watt meter for $17 shipped

Kevin N

Kevin N wrote:

IMHO this (or something like it) is a must-have for anybody using LOR. Quick way to save yourself some grief and save from damaging your equipment. And this is a very good price.

You plug Kill-a-Watt into the wall, and then plug your string(s) of lights into it and it will tell you exactly how many amps you are utilizing.

George Simmons wrote:

$17 shipped is a steal. Don't even think about it. If you don't have one, just do it!

I'll bet you wear Nike shoes, too! :D

Yes, I have the Reliant meter, but something (anything) that will give you a fairly accurate idea what your lighting element is eating is essential. And you'd be hard pressed to do better than $17 shipped.

Cray

Cray Augsburg wrote:

I'll bet you wear Nike shoes, too! :(

Actually, my feet and my wallet prefer New Balance.

Yeah, my feet and wallet do better with New Balance also. But they don't have a catchy ad slogan, do they? :(

Cray

• 1 month later...

I used a Blue Planet Electronic Enery Meter from Canadian Tire (about $25).

Yes these are a must have for us!
Along with a Light Keeper Pro if you have mini lights.

• 4 months later...

Great job. The first time the code came up invalid. "X" out and started over and it worked fine.

$13.99 with no shipping cost ** No brainer **

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Didn't want to start a new thread but figured this would suffice.

Kill A Watt P4400 Electricity Usage Monitor by P3 $13.99 after coupon+ Free shipping @ Newegg

Coupon ($3 off): EMCYWZP45

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882715001&cm_re=kill_a_watt-_-82-715-001-_-Product

killawatt.jpg

TOO LATE "SOLD OUT"

Ya know the Kill-A-Watt is worth having around the house. We loan them out of our office for customers to test with, and its amazing some of the energy hogs you will find in a house.

I work for the power company - and no - I pay the same electrical rate as everybody else in town. I just get mine turned back on quicker when I forget to pay the bill. LOL