Light-O-Rama Forums

Website Issues!

rgardner518

Anyone know how to get my website to resize by its self? the problem I have is, it was made on my laptop and when you view it, some people have to scroll left or right, in order to see everything. I wanted to advoid this! Someone said theres a way to put HTML code in there that will auto resize for each person. Anyone heard of this?

have you done on search on "auto size in html"?

a lot of good info comes up...

EDIT:

It looks like you might be using "tables" in your site? Usually those are a set size, so if you are using tables, you may want to go a different method.

It appears you are using an html generator which puts in a lot of defaults. If they let you change the styles you would need to say width: 90% instead of a fixed size 1327px.

These very wide elements are your problem. If you cant change the style you should uses a smaller header and header font where the word 'shows' is.

poestenkillhtml.jpg

ItsMeBobO wrote:

It appears you are using an html generator which puts in a lot of defaults. If they let you change the styles you would need to say width: 90% instead of a fixed size 1327px.

These very wide elements are your problem. If you cant change the style you should uses a smaller header and header font where the word 'shows' is.

poestenkillhtml.jpg

How did you get to see my html? I thought is was blocked?

jimswinder wrote:

have you done on search on "auto size in html"?

a lot of good info comes up...

EDIT:

It looks like you might be using "tables" in your site? Usually those are a set size, so if you are using tables, you may want to go a different method.

I dont believe I have tables? How can I tell?

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

you can usually see anyones HTML...just right click over the page and click on "View Page Source"

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

I dont believe I have tables? How can I tell?

You would have inserted them when you created your webpage...so you probably don't.

jimswinder wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

you can usually see anyones HTML...just right click over the page and click on "View Page Source"

No, right click and select have been disabled on my web site. so it can not be viewed that way. And try Page source, it should be scrambled to be a unreadable text.

lol, by the way I just saw your icon/pic of _______, Can't think of the name of that movie, but I like what you did with it.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

You're welcome.

Seriously, I can change my HTML, but I was wondering about you seeing it because if you can make out the scrambled html to make it readable, than thats defeating the purpose of doing it right? I'm not mad, I just want to know how it was done, PM me if you like to tell me.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

N, right click and select have been disabled on my web site.

I see that now...

then I guess Bob must work for the CIA and has a super computer!!

Some how I lost my post. Maybe this will be a duplicate.

In IE8 just hit F12. Your Java to prevent visitors from right clicking is working. This does make it harder for people to steal your content. Usually futile as there are several ways around it.

Your width problem is from specifying the width and height of images. Just leave that out or specify only the width you want.

This is the actual size of your bottom image which I now think is the main cause of your problem. You have it set much wider.

xmas-lights.gif

ItsMeBobO wrote:

xmas-lights.gif

yea, I just found out that that was not locked and for some reason is linked, but don't know how?

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

lol, by the way I just saw your icon/pic of Yukon Cornelius, Can't think of the name of that movie, but I like what you did with it.

Thanks
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&rlz=1C1GGLS_en___US362&resnum=0&q=Yukon%20Cornelius&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

ItsMeBobO wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
lol, by the way I just saw your icon/pic of Yukon Cornelius, Can't think of the name of that movie, but I like what you did with it.

Thanks
jimswinder, his is all-some. No offense!

Guest wbottomley

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

other than f12, theres no other way around getting to my info,

Don't bet on it.

One tid-bit of info... the call letters for your radio station is in violation of part 15 FCC rules.

Only licensed radio, tv, or other broadcast stations can have call letters.

Mountainwxman wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
other than f12, theres no other way around getting to my info,

Don't bet on it.

One tid-bit of info... the call letters for your radio station is in violation of part 15 FCC rules.

Only licensed radio, tv, or other broadcast stations can have call letters.

So, I don't care about that, I broadcast 100 ft away from the home, well under the FCC rules. And just because I call it that don't mean anything. I'm not concerned. But thanks