Light-O-Rama Forums

Firmware update

Larry Leonhardt

I have 4 controllers, and need to update them to the lastest firmware, there are still hooked up outside. My question is, can i update them while they are all hooked up, or do i need to connect one at a time to do these updates ? Whats the lasest firmware for the blue boards?

As long as you are hardwired to them, (no easy light linker), and have reliable communications, you can upgrade them in place, with little risk. The only time I've failed an upgrade, the controller was still recognized with a bootloader, and I was able to upload the firmware on the next attempt.

As far as I know, for any board that did not ship with 4.40, the latest available is 4.32, and is included in the S2 upgrades. There is no reason for concern about the mismatch between the two releases.

Each year before I unhook my controllers I update the firmware in the field. I have 30 AC boards and I can update the firmware in less than an hour. So far I have not had a problem. Dan will say this can be done but should be done one at a time while hooked to the PC.

We'll i did it, i updated all 4 while still outside, then ran my sequences, works great...

Thanks all that replied.