Light-O-Rama Forums

How far behind is everyone??

Guest guest

I know this feeling. I will have a display this year.. Only 8 channels and 10,000 lights . Not as much as I wanted but it will all come in time. I have 4 / 8 mini trees made and not one song sequenced.. I will be done in time though!

greenmeanie wrote:

I am behind because I am broke :(

llbarnes wrote:
LOL, How far behind is everyone on their LOR preparations? I still have a bit of a list myself. I need to start hitting it at the very beginning of September if I have ANY chance of starting to set up Nov. 1.

How about everyone else? Am I alone here??

Time for me to chime back in. I'm even further behind now than I was when I last posted here. I was getting ready to start sequencing on LOR in the next couple of days (thank goodness for the words in bold), and the computer I was going to do the sequencing on died this morning. So now I must get a new computer before I start. I say that because I can't use my dad's new laptop (which I'm typing on now), and my older laptop has a bad screen and struggles to run LOR. So I'm stuck for the next couple of days at least.

Well, I just got further behind. Some stuff I ordered just came in and made more work for me. I got 10 curtain strobes and had to mod them to flash faster. That is done. I also got in my X-10 outlets that i am going to be using, so I now have to test those to see if it is going to work the way I am planning. I did get the boxes built for my controllers, but I haven't wired them up yet. I have not done anymore on the actuial lights that I am building, so I still have that to take care of also. I think I am going to be alright though, as I still have over 2 months until the show starts. 42.gif

102.gif

I'm not behind, but that's only because I don't have a schedule planned. (Other than setting up the day after Thanksgiving.) Then again, I don't have the huge display that many people have.

I'm probably only going to make a few changes to the layout I had last year.

One change I thought would be a good idea, is to use only 16 of my 21 candy cane lights. That way, I'll have some extras that I can use to replace any that burn out. (One burned out last year, and it took a bit of time to swap out the string of minis that light it up.)

That, of course, means I'll have to make a few changes to the sequences I made last year.