• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jpohio

• Bill Hoffman

• Gary Levelius

• Greg Young

I have just finalized the Schedule of Events for Light Up Ohio 2010, and it is now posted at www.lightupohio.com. It's going to be a very informative and fun day. We are very pleased with the Registration response. Don't miss out on this once a year event, Register now, it's just around the corner.

Bill

Have you ever wished that the answers to all of your questions, about decorating, were in one central location??? Wouldn't it be great if you didn't have to surf the Holiday threads for hours just to find a simple explanation of what a vampire plug is, and how do I use it?? Well, for the people attending Light Up Ohio 2010, you are in for a very first look at a Mini altering concept. We call it ELF-ORMATION, and the concept is set up to answer virtually any questions you may have about decorating, and it will be explained in a very easy to understand format. COME TO LIGHT UP OHIO 2010, for the experience of your life, ELF-ORMATION, another first from OHIO.

[align=center]~Light-Up-Ohio Meet & Greet~

[/align]

[align=center]7pm at...[/align]

[align=center]Old Bag of Nails Pub[/align]

[align=center]2102 Tremont Ctr.[/align]

[align=center]Upper Arlington, OH 43221[/align]

[align=center]Please visit the poll on PlanetChristmas, and let us know if you're attending the Meet & Greet, and how many people will be with you.[/align]

[align=center]Thank You Tony - for setting this up!!! [/align]

Have you thought about including DMX in your display? Would you like to know more about it, and have it explained in a simple way? Well, come to Light Up Ohio 2010. Frank Newell is going to do a presentation that will clear up all of your questions, and do it in a manner everybody can understand. Is it right for you??? Register for Light Up Ohio 2010 to help you decide.

Bill

Are you interested in the LUO Hat for 2010... if so,

viewThumb.jsp?fileID=156744709&size=small

Be sure to order your Light Up Ohio Official Hat this week. Because of ordering deadlines, we will have to cut off online ordering Sunday evening. What this means to you is that it will be your last chance to get your "one of a kind" LUO Hat for $12 online. We will have a few at the Light Up Ohio 2010 event, but will have to sell them for $15. So get yours early, visit http://www.lightupohio.com !!

A LUO Update:

The LUO Event for 2010 is fast approaching… a little over a week & a half away! If you are planning on attending LUO 2010 and have not registered yet – You might want to consider getting your registration in before the deadline of May 7th, 2010 @ midnight, which will also include the “Collectible LUO 2010 T-Shirt” (please include your t-shirt size with your registration).
Our t-shirts are unique to each of our events, and will not be available after the May 7th deadline! We will of course, still accept registrations after the deadline, but the t-shirt will not be included.

So you have until this Friday at midnight to get your registration in w/t-shirt included – don’t miss out on this opportunity! Still need more information about the LUO 2010 Event, please visit our website for more info. Looking forward to seeing everyone at LUO 2010!!!

I don't know about you, but I have been looking a long time for a solution to my Flood Light problems. I have tried everything from incandescent floods to mr16's, to no avail. But this year, we are all in luck!! This seems to be the year of the LED Flood. I have a new problem this year, and that's deciding what Flood is going to work best for my particular situation. I set out on a personal quest to buy every, reasonably priced, LED Flood available, so I could compare and see for myself what fits into my display. The 3 that I decided to test are the Mighty Mini, the Porta-Flood, and the Rainbow Flood. There are a couple more I would like to try, but they are not available yet.
If you have a need for an LED Flood, I will be bringing these to Light Up Ohio 2010, so you can decide for yourself which one would work best in your situation. You will be able to see them operate, side by side, and you can see the pros and cons of all 3. It's really hard to tell by looking at these online, so this will give attendees the opportunity to do so live. This is just another advantage of attending Light Up Ohio, and you can still register at www.lightupohio.com, or you can register at the door.
Hope to see you there!!!!!

Bill

Are you looking for that one thing to put your display over the top???? I have had more comments on this product than any other thing in my whole show. It is the "VIRTUAL SANTA"!! It is a video that you shine upon a movie screen from inside your home, and it looks like a real Santa is in your home. I have my "Virtual Santa" showing on a window of my house, and people think that it is me dressed up, walking around the house. I simply tell them, I don't know what they are talking about, and act surprised that Santa is walking around in my house. lol

This one of a kind effect is brought to us by Darryl Brown at
. We will be showing the "Virtual Santa" live at LIGHT UP OHIO 2010, it will amaze you. May 15th is the day of the event, and registration is still open at
. Check it out, and hope to see you there.

Bill

LIGHT UP OHIO "Making Memories"

Check out
, Jeff Phillips has just put up a new link where you can check the weather in Columbus for Light Up Ohio 2010. Looks like a good weekend, can't wait to see everybody.

Bill

LIGHT UP OHIO "Making Memories"

Frank!!!

Don't say things like that... we do NOT want anymore snow :D

Frank A. wrote:

but where is the snow

it is May in Ohio

Frank A.

LIGHT UP OHIO 2010 officially starts tomorrow with the Meet and Greet!!!!! I am busy packing for tomorrow's trip and I can't wait to "GET THIS PARTY STARTED"! It's been a lot of planning and a lot of communication, and I just want to Thank everybody on the Planning Committee. Also, I want to Thank all the attendees, we do this for you guys and it would not happen without your participation. A great big THANK YOU goes out to all of our great vendors, they will be offering discounts and have supported our event for the past 4 years. I hope you will think of them first when you make your Holiday purchases. Please, above all else, drive carefully and be safe. There will be plenty of time to electrocute ourselves after we get to the event. lol j/k I will see some of you tomorrow night and the rest on Saturday, it's going to be a fun, educational day.

Bill

I am back from Light Up Ohio 2010 and all rested up. I had a wonderful time and learned a lot. We ended up with 75 attendees, and 40 people at the Meet and Greet. It surpassed all of our expectations, and it looked like everybody had a good time.
I want to thank the people who helped me and Scott plan such a great event. First a big Thank You goes out to Tony Furst and his wife. The Meet and Greet location was top notch, and when the attendees went from 28 to 40 at the last minute, the restaurant personnel performed flawlessly. Our waitress told me she was little nervous, but later on she told me that our entire group was very courteous and helpful and soon set her mind at ease. I want to Thank Jeff Phillips. Without Jeff handling all of the Vendor relations, it would have gotten very confusing real fast. Jeff was very instrumental not only with the Vendors, but when something was needed, he was either right there to help, or he had it already done. I probably drove him crazy with all of the phone calls and emails, but he pretended not to mind. Another person that was instrumental in the success of LUO, was Gregg Jones. Gregg volunteered to take care of the BBQ again this year, and it was delicious. He was back in the kitchen preparing our wonderful lunch, while we were enjoying the presentations, and I want him to know that it was deeply appreciated. I want to Thank Rob LaRe for supplying the t-shirts, and for coming up with the unique design. Also, I want to Thank Bill Snider for our hat design, it was very popular.
Of course Light Up Ohio would not be the same without Vendor support. I want to Thank all of the Vendors, and I would urge each and every one of you to please think of them when you make your Holiday purchases. They are very instrumental in supporting all of these events, so we need to show them our support. We did something new this year at put some of the Vendor advertising on the back of our t-shirts, so check them out.
Of course, the show can't go on without the instructors, and I want to Thank each and every one of them. People do not realize how much planning and preparation it takes to do a presentation, and our instructors did top notch presentations. I want to personally tell Tony Furst, Greg Jones, Joe Erdeljac, Frank Newell, David Jones, and Jeremy Brown how much we at LUO appreciate everything they did for us and the attendees. These were Professional presentations and I'm sure everybody in attendance walked away with a clearer understanding of what this hobby is all about. If you have more questions about a particular subject that was covered, please feel free to contact any of these instructors.
I really appreciate all of the attendees, and I hope everybody walked away from Light Up Ohio with re-newed enthusiasm and knowledge of Holiday lighting. By the way, we have already started to plan next year's LUO, and there are some new and exciting changes coming, stay tuned.

Bill

To Bill, Greg, Jeff, Scott, and Tony

and all the participants of LUO 2010

Thank you for sharing ideas and stories

We had a fantastic weekend

Frank A.:)

AKA -- Frank and Faye

I will add my thatnks to those before me. My wife Lynn and I enjoyed ourseves immensely and we learned a great deal at LUO 2010! Thanks to all the planners and all our supporting vendors. You made this event most memorable!

-Gary& Lynn Levelius-

P.S.- Thanks to the two gentleman who cleared out some of my excess Christmas light inventory as well!

Gary Levelius wrote:

P.S.- Thanks to the two gentleman who cleared out some of my excess Christmas light inventory as well!

Gary:

You're welcome! And thanks for having them there.

Cray

I have uploaded the pictures I took at the Meet & Greet and the LUO Event. Some of my photos are dark and I apologize for that.

Greg Young also took many photos @ LUO and we will have them posted as soon as possible. If anyone has taken photos and would like to add to the albums, please feel free to do so!

Just got the pics Greg Young took at LUO 2010. Thanks, Greg you did a great job! Here is the group pic, and I will have a lot more out on our website www.lightupohio.com in the next couple of days. It was a fun day and we are already planning next year. In fact, the date should be announced in the next week, Scott is getting it confirmed as we speak.

Bill

Attached files 202963=11281-LUO 2010 Group.jpg