Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-Up-Ohio 2010

jpohio

Light-Up-Ohio 2010

This year's "Light-Up-Ohio" event will be on May 15th, 2010. It will be an all-day event, so mark your calendars!!!

Details will be posted, as they become available... so stay tuned!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jpohio

• Bill Hoffman

• Gary Levelius

• Greg Young

Frank A. wrote:

I said that in the http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum81/21207-2.html

Good morning

sat the 19th 9 to 12 est

I'll be there

or as us oldies say

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!!!!!

Frank A.:D

JP count myself and the wife in -- had a good time in 2009

won't miss 2010

Frank A.:)
Good to hear Frank! The mini is still in the planning stages... hopefully we will have some details to post soon!

Jeff, I sent you a pm.

Light-Up-Ohio will be held in Columbus, OH at the same location as last year. The address is:

1800 Watermark Dr.
Columbus, OH

We are currently working on the details of the mini, and the website for LUO 2010.

With a little luck (with the work end of things) I will be able to make this year's event. Missed last year, but caught you all the year before, and had a good time!

Heck with a little more luck (in summer), I may even be able to make Jeff M's event in NJ (hint hint!) :D

Greg

Greg Young wrote:

With a little luck (with the work end of things) I will be able to make this year's event. Missed last year, but caught you all the year before, and had a good time!

Heck with a little more luck (in summer), I may even be able to make Jeff M's event in NJ (hint hint!) :D

Greg

Greg,
That's great - Hope to see there this year!

Wow Greg,

I would like nothing more than to see you at Light Up Ohio. I really hope you can make it, let us know when you find out for sure. I don't think you will be disappointed, lots of surprises for this year.

Bill

Light Up Ohio is proud to announce that we will be coordinating our event with Chicago and Indiana (ICE), this year. What this means to you is that we will be able to educate and share ideas with more people, and make our individual events the best they can possibly be.
As for Light Up Ohio 2010, get ready for the time of your life. There will be lots of surprises, lots of fun, lots of food, lots of new ideas, and most importantly. lots of Lighting fanatics meeting to talk about their favorite thing "Making Memories".
If you have any questions, or comments please contact myself or Jeff Phillips. Plans are coming together fast, and we will be coming out with very exciting info in the next few days, so keep an eye on this thread.

Bill

Bill and Jeff,

Ya better be sure that my wife and I will be there this year! We'll also have our reservations in earlier and try to arrive on time ;)

-Gary-

For those you wondering about hotel accommodations for LUO, I am currently working on getting that info and have it all listed on our website.

We are also currently working on the website, and plan to have it up & running as soon as possible.

Hi Gary,

I'm looking forward to seeing you and your wife again. I think you guys will be especially interested in one of the things we have planned this year.

Bill

Gary Levelius wrote:

Bill and Jeff,

Ya better be sure that my wife and I will be there this year! We'll also have our reservations in earlier and try to arrive on time :)

-Gary-

• 3 weeks later...

I am very excited to introduce our new Light Up Ohio website. It’s been a long time coming, and thanks to Jeff Phillips, it’s now a reality. Please check it out at www.lightupohio.com. We will be adding information about Light Up Ohio to the new website during the next couple of weeks, and I’m confident you will be blown away by our curriculum and what we have planned for Light Up Ohio 2010.

In the morning, and early afternoon, we are very proud to have some very talented instructors. If you have attended our events in the past, you will probably know that we like to introduce things that are exclusive to Light Up Ohio, and this year is no different. Last year we were fortunate enough to have Walter and Jackie Monkhouse introduce "JUMP" exclusively at Light Up Ohio, for the very first time. This year we are going to introduce a new concept in doing mini’s called "Elf-ormation". I will not go into detail on this yet, but this concept should clear up any questions that you have on almost any aspect of decorating. You will have to attend Light Up Ohio to experience it.

Anybody that knows me will tell you I love food. In fact, after I retired almost 2 years ago I started working part-time as a Bistro Chef. The food we have planned at Light Up Ohio will simply make your day more enjoyable, and you will not go away hungry. Also, we are having another great year of vendor participation. We appreciate the vendors that support Light Up Ohio, and we need to support them by keeping them first in our minds when we purchase merchandise. There will be lots of fun, lots of food, lots of door prizes, and lots of great people at Light Up Ohio, I hope you can make it.

We are always open for suggestions, so keep those pms and emails coming, or simply post here in the thread. It’s your event, and we want to make Light Up Ohio the very best it can be.

Bill

The Light-Up-Ohio website is running smoothly so far and a big "thank you" to all the people who have signed up so far!!!

We hope to have the hotel information posted this weekend, and we will let everyone know as soon as it's available.

One of my favorite things about attending minis is the money I save by making arrangements with individuals to bring things I have swapped for or bought. It saves you a lot of money in shipping, and it helps people to pass on things they don't need. I want to invite you to go to our website lightupohio.com, go to Forums, then to Buy-Sell-Trade, to the Swap Meet area. It's a lot of fun and you will be surprised what people have to sell/swap. Check it out.

Bill

For anyone planning on attending Light-Up-Ohio 201o, you can register at our website www.lightupohio.com , just click on the webstore tab - then the registration button. It's going to be a great event... hope to see you there!

Things are coming along well with Light Up Ohio 2010. We hope to have the education wrapped up soon, then we will put a class list and the agenda for the day on our website www.lightupohio.com. We have several people signed up already, and the registration page is working great. Rob is working on the new unique t-shirt design as we speak, if it's anything like the last 3 years, it should be fantastic. Also, Bill S. is designing this year's LUO hat, and from the sounds of it, everybody is in for a big surprise. We will keep everybody informed of new developments.

Bill

I want to give everyone an update on the vendors for LUO 2010 - We have several already lined up and are working on several more! I'm still working on the list and hope to get it posted soon.

Also, if you are planning on attending our mini this year, and have some item(s) that you would like to donate for door prizes... send me a pm and let me know.

That's great to hear, Gary. Can't wait to see you guys again. It seems like forever since Re-Plus. Gary, you are going to be surprised to see the JUMP demo.

Bill