Light-O-Rama Forums

How to add video

Sean Rizor

Sounds like you're well on your way. I just bought an Epson LCD 2500 lumen projector. I scrapped my original idea of having a projector outside as it just isn't going to work. I'll be running it from the front window in reverse to a make-shift screen.

This year's screen will be somewhat generic while I try to get everything measured out. Next year I will make something much nicer to look at. I'm just going to use a couple of metal fence posts, maybe a sheet, and I'll use bungee cords to help it give a little in the wind.

I have not purchased my dual video card just yet, but I know which one I'm going to purchase at Best Buy. You mentioned that there is a jump between songs with the video that will display the desktop for a minute. Two questions: 1) Setting the desktop to black - will it still show my desktop icons? (I haven't tested anything with my projector just yet. 2) Do I have to turn off screen savers?

Does anyone know if there is a way to toggle between different wmp visualizers durring a show? Perhaps a windows command?

I want to use different visualizers for different songs.

"I'm thinking of hacking the remote by opening and tapping into the key pads"

I have a blackout feature button on my projector, I took the cover off of my projector and soldered 2 wires on the circuit board for this button, then connected the wires to a relay which is controlled by LOR. Only a short (1/2 sec.) on is used to energize the relay to turn the black out feature on and off. It works great.

Becuase of the cool down needed for the lamp, I have to manually turn the projector on and off each evening. i'm going to connect another 2 wires to the power button this year to correct this.

I originally tried the remote hack and destroyed my remote, ugh!

Hope this helps.

Now if I could only figure out how to toggle between different visualzers in wmp for different songs while the show is running. I know it can be done with a windows command in LOR, but I'm slow when it comes to computers and windows. Currently whatever wmp visualizer is selected at the start of the show, stays there unless you stop the show, open up wmp and select a different visualizer.:(

I know there's a computer genius out there who is going to help point me in the right direction...