Light-O-Rama Forums

Controlling a Fog Machine

paulcav151

Do you only want to start your fogger with the Lor controller?

If you do then the lor controller would be used to energize the 12volt relay;the relay contacts would be used to turn on the fogger like a switch ,this would not affect the lor controller as it would be across the relay contacts and no diode needed here.

As for the relay coil being energized from the Lor unit I would try it without the diode and see if it works at first . ( KISS- keep it simple s*****)If the relay bounces or chatters you may need a bigger load just adding a resistor in series with the coil will help.( other help can chime in they want)

The relay you show are quite big for this project as the fogger may only draw a few amps ??

I would concentrate on the lor unit picking up the relay first on and off then turning on the fogger after you get the relay going first.
( test the fogger by itself to see if it works fine first )

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ogamoga

• paulcav151

• -klb-

• Victory402

Ok to clarify I have the relay working fine with Lor controlling and the fog machine responding to it by putting out for when the relay is activated. The problem is there is some problem, now i dont know if it is a volatage spike or somthing from the fog machine, where the controller resets and frezzes my computer. However im not sure but the computer could be the one freezing first...im not sure....All i know is that it has to do somthing with the fog machine becase the realy works fine with no freezing problems when it is not attached to the fog machine. So I am thinking the problem lies in the 120v pump motor in the fog machine or in the converter inside the fog machine that takes 120v into 12v dc to controll a little fan inside. It has to be one of thoes. So anyone have any ideas

Thanks

Ben