Light-O-Rama Forums

Gotta Love it

shfr26

Went to Walgreens two days ago, 100 mini's clear and multi, $1.99, Manager said half off tomorrow. Go today same lights $3.99 on sale for $1.99. What the heck is up?? Not cool, not nice and just plain NOT RIGHT!!! Or is it just me?

Thats about right, was just at wal mart and the prices marked on the 100 ct minis was 1.84. Says 50% off so that should make it 0.92 a piece. They ring up 1.19. I asked about this and they say the price was originally 2.38 a piece. I took manager back and showed her where every one of them were marked 1.84. Her solution was to let me have what I had in basket for .92 and they imediately changed all the tags to hand written tags that say 2.38.

I ran into this very same problem with Wal-mart at Halloween time. Be careful to see what they actually ring up as. Complaining to the manager didn't help me with the fog machines, but she gave the orange 70 ct led minis for 1.76 a box. The way the price was displayed was very confusing and they know it. You have to do the math and then complain and then maybe they will honor it.

Bigger ticket items too! My video camera was regular price $699 at Ultimate electronics Wednesday before Thanksgiving. So I thought I would wait and buy it at the black Friday sale. On Friday there was a TWO DAY ONLY sign for $799 ! It went UP $100 and they had a promotion sign on it!

Just like the commercial they said we compare our prices to Wal-Mart and Best buy every day and adjust ours to be lower.
Tracked down clerk who remembered me and gave me the Wednesday price.

You have to know what things are worth, and not go by the % off claims.

I went to about a half dozen stores, NOTHING! A few had some C9 strings and the like. Not a single mini to be had. Unbelievable. Oh well, just speeds up the LED conversion a bit.

There's something to be said for having the smallest Wal-Mart in the country... At least they still have a bunch of lights. I just got 50 blue on green, 25 multi on green, and 25 assorted colors on white for $1.19 each. There was still plenty left of most color combinations. Not many LEDs though. It's not a 24 hour store, so they should last a bit longer if I decide I need more.

Found a Menard's that had the 3 head Hollywood searchlight projector at 50% off. $85 instead of $170. Not sure if/how I'll use it, but I might figure something out.

http://mrchristmas.com/product.php?line=Original&cat=19&product=568

Also got a couple of replacement wireframe bucks for <$10 each. Think I'm done for now.

I bought a box of c7 retrofit bulbs from Menard's just to see what they looked like. They appear to have individual circuitry inside each bulb, so I'm a little leary about fading and flashing them.

smeade67 wrote:

There's something to be said for having the smallest Wal-Mart in the country... At least they still have a bunch of lights. I just got 50 blue on green, 25 multi on green, and 25 assorted colors on white for $1.19 each. There was still plenty left of most color combinations. Not many LEDs though. It's not a 24 hour store, so they should last a bit longer if I decide I need more.

Found a Menard's that had the 3 head Hollywood searchlight projector at 50% off. $85 instead of $170. Not sure if/how I'll use it, but I might figure something out.

http://mrchristmas.com/product.php?line=Original&cat=19&product=568

Also got a couple of replacement wireframe bucks for <$10 each. Think I'm done for now.

Wow. I had no clue anyone in Clinton uses LOR. Awesome! May have to stop by sometime.

Back on topic: I picked up 11 cases/trays of mini's today. 93 cents a box.

Where'd ya find those. Normal is where I got the projector. The only other place I had to go today was Home Depot and, of course, they had NOTHING

smeade67 wrote:

Where'd ya find those. Normal is where I got the projector. The only other place I had to go today was Home Depot and, of course, they had NOTHING

At Wal-Mart in Bloomington.

So what you guys new at this or what?

The 50% off is the normal retail price, not the sale price the day before.

If you have lights left at your store then go on New Years day when you can get boxes for about $0.33 each. You just have to keep going back to the stores and check what they have left and then decide. But what they did is nothing new and certainly not any different that any other store does.

Bottom line, unless it states 50% off sale price, you are going to get it off the regular price.

I sure am going to miss the .30 cents a box sales around me on minis. I went to about 12 stores today and not a single box under 1.75. The stores had not very many boxes at all. They will not last till new years to get the good price so i guess i have to pay more. Did find most of the c9s i needed at lowes still left bought every box i could get my hands on. Cant seem to find the green c9s if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Ceramic green C9'c or transparent green glass C9s How many you need? I could look here, but shipping would probably eat up the savings.

ceramic green is what i need. Last year i bought reds greens and clears by the case from all the lowes around. I have a few cases of each color left but my thought for next year i am going to need a dozen more boxes of green. I picked up the red and clears i needed to day but no one had greens left this year. I called lowes that were within an hour of me and no one had them in stock. But you are problaly right the money you save will get eaten up by shipping them. But ya never know just keep an eye out.

Thanks