Light-O-Rama Forums

Delay in show vs music

doanebob

Using mini MP3 controller - 176 channels - 4.32 firmware in all controllers - 2.3.8 advanced software

When show starts the lights are perfectly sync'd for the first 2 seconds; then a delay in lights of about 1 second while music continues. About 2/3rd way through show the lights catch up with music and show finishes fine.

If I hook up a test controller directly to the PC and run through Sequence Editor it runs fine, but hook up the test controller through MP3 and delay starts after 2 seconds. I've also tested through a full blown 1603MP3 and the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

I don't remember which release it was in, but take a look through the newer release notes. There was an upgrade that I believe includes new DC-MP3 firmware specifically addressing this issue.

Thank you. Downloaded V3.3 to 1602MP3 and it solved the problem. Made a small donation to your favorite charity listed on your web site.

I am running into a number of issues this year, some of which is similar. Bob am I correct that you are actually reversing your firmware from 4.32 to v 3.3?

Bob Doane wrote:

Thank you.  Downloaded V3.3 to 1602MP3 and it solved the problem.  Made a small donation to your favorite charity listed on your web site.

Thank You!

Stuart wrote:

I am running into a number of issues this year, some of which is similar.  Bob am I correct that you are actually reversing your firmware from 4.32 to v 3.3?
No downgrade. Upgrading the DC-MP3 firmware.