Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller not recognized, new drivers installed

Jim Smith

If anyone can lend any advice on this great!. I have un-installed the FTDI driver using the FTClean utility as suggested on the Wiki, reinstalled the latest driver,(2.6.0.0) and still the hardware utility cannot see the controller.
Fearing it might be what another person posted ( a bad com chip on th econtroller) I purchased a new controller (wanted more channels anyway!) still no connection.
Am I missing something? any help is appreciated.
Jim

After you load the drivers for the usb485 device. If you go to the device manager on your computer and plug in the USB device. Do you see the computer install the port?

At this point does not matter what comm port, just that it created a comm port?

Now, if it did create one and the comm port is greater than 16, LOR will have problems. LOR will only successfully find a controller on one of the first 16 comm ports.

Chuck

Wow. And when you go into the Device Manager, your "USB Serial Port" is showing as COM1 ? No error messages, no "?"'s beside it, nothing?

If it's show COM1, and LOR isn't able to find it, I'd almost think it's a bad US485B (which I don't think I've heard of, but others might have.)

For the last several years I have run a static display using the initial download to the controller. the initial configuration was pushed from a PC running Windows ME the latest computer is running XP. All shows up apparently okay in the device manager this why I am stumped. The kicker is the controller is sitting right next to the computer. Aa 1 meter cable!
Jim

Attached files 191016=10719-Comm1.bmp

Have you tried adressing the new controller

With only that controller hooked up

If it is brand new you need to adress it if it has no dials

"Set new ID number"

What model of controller do you have