Light-O-Rama Forums

license key

JOHNLNRD

i have upgradedto lor2 but when I install I cannot find anywhere to input license #. Followed instructions as best I can. It says to go to sequence editor and go to help. OK. Have been all over help but nowhere is there anything about a license. I read that there is a tab at bottom to register but not on my software. It does not give me an option anywhere that I can find to enter the license # HELP. Its christmas & I can't run my show

1.6.3 what might i have done wrong on lor2 install my show from 2007 runs. I cannot run last year or this year. know it is something simple i am missing but after 3-hrs lookong at this thing i can't see straight. maybe will try again later

You probably ought to un-install LOR.

Maybe run through the instructions in this thread:
http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum90/19876.html

Then make sure you SAVE the download to your desktop/computer. (Do not select RUN when downloading.)

Of course, make a backup copy of your sequences first.

or just start over with new software. can run show now on one computer and use another to start over for later. I guess the new software is the lor 2 and would just load up. Then I wouldn't have to mess w/upgrade.

i

Correct the S2 software that is being released now is a full install package. There is no need to have a previous version installed to get the latest.

With that being said. I just keep loading new over old and have had no problem YET.

Chuck

Ah, am I missing something? When asked what version, the OP replied 1.6.3. Is this not S1? And S2 would be something like 2.X.X, which by the way the latest and greatest would be 2.6.X

I am confused!! I didn't think that 1.6.3 would need a Lic.?

So is the 1.6.3 not going to have the register tab in the sequence editor like I am looking for? Or is this something that is supposed to popup when the S2 in installed.. Now that I think about it I don't remember if that app was ever there.

So. Where does the license enrty come in, or does it not apply? I guess when I downloaded upgrade, something did not transfer because it still says version 1.6.3. Guess i will transfer to other computer & reinstall l from scratch and see if that works on the one i use for my show. That is all I use that one for anyway. If it still doesn't work I guess it will be worth the money to start over w/ new software. Any other suggestions, please let me know. I will try anything at this point.

John,

I still say you should try the steps I mentioned in my original reply to you.

Doesn't sound like S2 installed properly.

You should NOT have to buy a new version of the software. Keep the CC in the wallet, okay?

Oh I fully intend to try that. Will have to run cat-5 cable across house to this system to get on line but that is no big deal. That is probably the reason for the problen with the install. Also this system is an old win. 98 program. Like I said earlier I only use it these days to run LOR. Thanks for the help. This is the best solution to my problem so far.

Sorry about that. It is 98SE. That is also the min. for the LOR1 also if I remember right. Whatever it is it worked until I downloaded S2. Will fix problem this weekend w/a little luck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyone know why when I enter my key it says I have alrighty entered it on the max amount of computers? Yet when I request the key from lor, it says I still have 5 seats left. To top it off, I only have 2 computers. I desktop, and a laptop. Any help would be great!

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Anyone know why when I enter my key it says I have alrighty entered it on the max amount of computers? Yet when I request the key from lor, it says I still have 5 seats left. To top it off, I only have 2 computers. I desktop, and a laptop. Any help would be great!

Did you get something like this back?

Name: Joe Smith

License Key: [removed]Feature Level: Advanced

Seats: 5

That's not how many you have left, that's how many you are allowed.

You will need to email support@lightorama.com and ask them to look at your account. Change to your computer and/or laptop may have mistakenly used a license key (or something else has just gone plain wrong.)

Email them. They'll get it straightened out.

Yea, its just [Foul Language Used], when they are closed till 10am tomorrow! In the mean time I have to twitter my thumbs!

Sometimes I wish they had 24/7 support! I know it would cost more in product cost, but even a pay per use option, maybe.

Guest wbottomley

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Yea, its just [Foul Language Used], when they are closed till 10am tomorrow! In the mean time I have to twitter my thumbs!

Sometimes I wish they had 24/7 support! I know it would cost more in product cost, but even a pay per use option, maybe.

Why don't you email support and just maybe someone will be kind enough to fix your problem.

Since the season is no where near, then why the bad attitude?

Mountainwxman wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Why don't you email support and just maybe someone will be kind enough to fix your problem.

Since the season is no where near, then why the bad attitude?

Dan has been answering posts all day in the new software thread, It's Sunday, he should be spending time with his family! not here with us.