Light-O-Rama Forums

Code Enforcement

shfr26

cenote wrote:

how about "Look hear morons, turn your radio to station ...

I'm not sure if 'hear' was intentionally used here, but it's a nice pun :)

I have a 2' x 3' sign with lights shaped into a 93.7FM. At the end of each song I have them flash. If the gawker can't figure out that it's a light show with music, then I question the intelligence of the person sitting in front of my house. eeck

From a Zen perspective...

If the sound and the lights are one, there is no difference.

Or as a Haiku...

Your sequencing is seamless.
The sound and the lights are one.
No disparity exists.

This is what happens when you're on year two of having to skip doing a display.

Back to lurking...

Tim Fischer wrote:

"Hear the lights" or "Listen to the Lights" signs are pretty common among LOR users...

I actually started a poll awhile back to see if anyone could come up with anything better than those, or "Lights dance to music" (lights can't 'dance' either), or just "Tune to". Nobody did...

This is what I went with after all the other phrases were rejected by the better half.

Tim

Attached files 190331=10691-Lights-to -Music.jpg

Tim Herberger wrote:

This is what I went with after all the other phrases were rejected by the better half.

Tim

ok, to really get off the path here, tim, did you make or graphic? Looks great.

cenote wrote:

Tim Herberger wrote:

Tim

OK, to really get off the path here, Tim, did you make or graphic? Looks great.

I googled around and found this image and got it close to the pic above, but the guy at the sign shop was much better with photoshop than me and here is the finished sign below... it is double sided.

Tim

Attached files 190352=10693-Great_Christmas_tree.jpg

Tim and I have the same channel, 106.1 sure hope that does not make us "sister stations"!:shock:

How about this for a correct sign?

"Please turn on your car's radio. Set your dial, digital display, to 106.1. Please look at the lights. You will notice that some of the lights are on and some are not. If the lights are off this does not mean that the lights are broken. It just means that the owner of the property has decided not to have them turned on. However, you will notice that the music and the lights seem to be sequenced together. This is no accident. So please enjoy your evening at Grammatically Correct Christmas Display."