Light-O-Rama Forums

Code Enforcement

shfr26

Code enforcement, i.e. my Loving wife, stated this sign is wrong with a capitol W. Any body want to guess why? It is not the spacing or the neatness. Later.

Attached files 189264=10656-Picture.jpg

Dang Your good, I still say you can, but she is the boss.

EDIT: If I would have seen you were online I knew you would get it.

"Hear the lights" or "Listen to the Lights" signs are pretty common among LOR users...

I actually started a poll awhile back to see if anyone could come up with anything better than those, or "Lights dance to music" (lights can't 'dance' either), or just "Tune to". Nobody did...

shfr26 wrote:

Don't know, thats why I'm asked. Just hate to see her right AGAIN!

even when they are wrong...they are right...

My wife once asked me why I spent so much time trying to prove her wrong... LOL

PS: GO GATORS!!

jimswinder wrote:

I went with "Listen To The Lights"...

I guess "Hear the Lights" would be the same as "Watch the Music" huh??  ;)

Aren't "hear" and "listen to" synonymous?

Tim Fischer wrote:

No. Just because you're listening to something doesn't necessarily mean you're hearing it. I would have thought all married men already knew that...

George Simmons wrote:

Tim Fischer wrote:
No. Just because you're listening to something doesn't necessarily mean you're hearing it. I would have thought all married men already knew that...

and soon to be divorced men... :?

George Simmons wrote:

Tim Fischer wrote:

No.  Just because you're listening to something doesn't necessarily mean you're hearing it.  I would have thought all married men already knew that...

Understood ;)

Maybe I should have asked, "Aren't 'Listen to the lights' and 'Hear the lights'" essentially synonymous? I thought some were saying the 'listen' version was less 'strange' than the 'hear' version -- to me they're synonymous.

I have two signs - one says "tune to..." and the other says "hear the lights..." I knew it was improperly phrased at the time I made it, but I thought it would attract attention - which was, after all, the whole purpose of the sign.