Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel 5 and 13 act as 1 channel

Chad Gardner

On unit 01 of my 2 LOR1602W controlers, channel 5 and 13 started acting as the same channel even though the lights are not plugged in together. Together these 2 channels react the same regardles of which one is turned on. it is either on or off as it does not fade either. When it is on channels 9-16 cause it to turn off as they pass 95% intensity. This became a problem on the 2nd night of using brand new software and hardware. The first night it worked correctly. This problem is consistant on two different computers which leads me to believe it is a hardware issue.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Chad

Guest wbottomley

Chad Gardner wrote:

On unit 01 of my 2 LOR1602W controlers, channel 5 and 13 started acting as the same channel even though the lights are not plugged in together. Together these 2 channels react the same regardles of which one is turned on. it is either on or off as it does not fade either. When it is on channels 9-16 cause it to turn off as they pass 95% intensity. This became a problem on the 2nd night of using brand new software and hardware. The first night it worked correctly. This problem is consistant on two different computers which leads me to believe it is a hardware issue.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Chad

Have you reset the controllers? If not, doing so might cure the issue.

Guest wbottomley

Chad Gardner wrote:

I have turned the power on and off and changed the unit id number to 3 insead of one. Is there a special reset button or other method to reseting the controller?

Yes... depending what controller you have.

PC series... power down>remove the jumper on pin 2>power up for 10 seconds>power down, replace jumper on pin 2.

Deluxe series... power down>set both dials to 00>power up for 10 seconds>power down> set unit id back to original one.