Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding controller

JUN

Hey Guys,

I have a controller PC. I added a second controller. When I refresh it recognized that I have 2 controller and tested fine, as soon as I enable show nothing happen on second controller. Checked HU and both controller not listed. I have version 2.6. Could someone tell me what is going on.

If the HWU is seeing both controllers, I would suspect that your sequences are not properly configured to use both controllers. Open the Channel Property Grid and make sure both controllers are being used.

Don,

The channel grid is in the sequence editor right? I checked it and unit and cricuit are labeled for controller 1 is 01 and controller 2 is 02 and so on for all 16 channels. Also in the channel grid is where I added the new sequence from my old sequence when I decided to add the second controller. AM I doing it right?

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I did. In fact I just did it again just to make sure. I am trying to test my HU. I am rebooting my computer. I hope everything will work.

Now the HU is only recognizing one controller. I tried to use phone cable instead of CAT 5 because when I rebooted It was not able to find the comm when I placed the cable to the second CAT 5 jack. I was thinking that maybe the in/out of one of the jack is causing the problem since it is kind of loose, so instead I use a phone cable from controller one to controller 2 and cAT5 from USB to controller one. Is this OK. When I tested each controller during assigning of the ID lights are on and when I tried to daisy chain both controller the HU is onyl recognizing one. don't what I am doing wrong. Help.

When you use a phone cable to connect two controllers, you need to use the phone jack in one controller, and the RJ45 jack in the other - you need to make sure the plug in the RJ45 jack connects to the middle four connections. LOR describes the two RJ45 jacks as in and out to help with their explanation of connecting things together. In fact, both jacks are connected together on the circuit board, and there is no difference between them.

Regards,

Alan.

In my PC 16 controller it only has three jack. The one in the left is phone and the two are only for CTA 5. My problem is when I assign the ID each unit work frin on test and then when I connect the two together (1 and 2 daisiy chain) sometimes the HU recognizing one and after repeteadly assigning unit the HU will recognize two controllers. Now once I enable the show nothing happens with second controller and the light blink and when I go back to HU their is no controller. Do this happen once yu get out form HU and enable the show and then come back to HU to check.

If you have shows enabled, opening the HWU should produce an error message telling you that your comm port is in use.

Close everything LOR related.

Open the HWU. Search for controllers. If you see them there ... STOP. You are configured correctly.

Close the HWU, restart the LOR Control Panel, and enable shows.

That is what I did. I disable the show and then open HU and configure my controller. Now it is recognizing my tow controllers. So I need to restart control panel and enable shows. Now I did not restart my LOR control panel before but I will try it. Now, if I go back to HU should the two controllers be in there. Or should I just look for the light in the controller to make sure it si working. My HU os V 2.6 and PC 4.2.

Thank you. The tow controllers are lit. Only some of the light in the second controller are lit and some are not. It was lit during test. I double check it during my sequence. UNless I am not saving it right in the right file. The one that are lit are suppose to be my background. AM i doing something wrong when I saved the music file. It should replaced the existing file with the new one when I saved it.