Light-O-Rama Forums

DC-MP3 and triggered shows

GvilleTownChristmas

I am hoping someone out there can help me do a little trouble shooting so that I can figure out exactly what I am doing wrong or whether it is my DC-MP3.

I have a DC-MP3 Show Director and I am trying to use the input terminal strip to trigger 3 separate shows on the click of the button. I connected this all last year and it worked just fine but this year it does not. I have been able to get the show director to work triggered as soon as it is powered or to turn on a given show at a given day and time and then turn off at a given day and time but I cannot get the triggered piece to work.

I have normally open switches and I have verified that when each button is depressed the corresponding connection on the DC-MP3 is shorted to ground as it is supposed to be. I have configured the shows on the SD card to trigger on the normally open switch but no matter what I do it does not seem to work. Everything else on the controller and DC-MP3 seem to work except for the inputs. Has anyone else experienced this? It seems to me that something has gone wrong with the input piece of the DC-MP3 but it does not seem likely that I lost all the inputs to the device (I have tried all 6 by manually shorting them to ground with no luck).

I am using version 2.6.0 of the LOR software and I am not certain what version of firmware for DC-MP3 is because the software does not appear to show it when it is connected that I can find.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul