Light-O-Rama Forums

Delay?

Robert G.

I decided to do a test run of my show tonight. When I enabled the shows, the sequence started but then all the lights delayed. Everything stopped, the music continued, and then the lights started dancing again. I couldn't tell if the lights were falling behind or if they just stopped for a bit. What is causing this? How do I fix it?

I put the 9-16 channel fuse in the 1-8 spot and then nothing turned on. 9-16 only turns on when it has ''its'' fuse in it. How do I tell if the fuse is blown, it has a white paper around it.

What controller are you using?
Is it setup with two power cords or one?

If you have an Ohm Meter you can test the fuses that way.
Radio Shack sells fuses if you need spares.

Robert,

You did not mention what controller you have. So, follow the instructions in your manual for doing a reset on the controller.

The fuse on the right side channels 9-16 also powers the on board electronics. The fuse on the left side channels 1-8 only controlls the lights. Since you say the lights on channels 1-8 are not turning off, it cannot be a bad fuse. If it were a bad fuse the lights would not turn on.

If a reset does not work. Then what happens with the lights when you have NO sequence running. Are they on? or Off? If they are off then it is not the controller. Check your sequence.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

...Since you say the lights on channels 1-8 are not turning off, it cannot be a bad fuse. If it were a bad fuse the lights would not turn on.

I misread that. I thought he said they would not turn on.

You could also try using the hardware utility to control the channels to see what happens.