Light-O-Rama Forums

Conecting the hardward

eric dominguez

I just connected the hardware to my computer and a added a show but nothing happends I am using 4 chanels out of the 48 that i programed just to see how it works but I got nothing.

I read that I have to enable it but I can not find that button anywhere and I dont have a lightbulb that it asks for.

ERIC

I did but nothing happend
On my lap top I have 3 usb how do i know which one is the com 1. LOR came with the communication adapter and I hooked it up to my computer and I put the other of the cat 5 cable to the lor 1602.

there are two cat 5 plugs in the lor which one do I plug into

Thank You

Eric

The LOR control panel should cause the light bulb to appear in the system tray. On XP, there is a chance that it might become a hidden item, where you might have to click the button to get the icon to appear.

LOR should work with the adapter on any serial port less than com16. One way to identify the correct com port is to have one controller connected to the RS485 adapter, launch the hardware utility with nothing else (sequence editor, or control panel) trying to use the adapter. Then click the autoconfig button. The hardware utility will try talking on all available com ports, and listen for a controller to answer back. Usually this will get you the right port. If it finds the controller, it will ask if this is the port you want to use for shows. Tell it yes...

If your RS485 adapter is the USB-485B, it has two RJ-45 ports. Either one will work. You can actually use them to run one cable to one controller, and the other port to a different controller. As for the connectors on the 1602, if you are using cat 5, either of the RJ-45 ports (center and right) will work. If you are using phone cord, you need to run from a RJ-45 (on the USB adapter) to the RJ-11 port (left)

On a more basic note. Do your lights work if you play the sequence in the sequence editor? (With control lights checked in the play menu)

I just tried running in the sequence editor and got nothing. I checked off the CONTROLL LIGHTS and it did not do anything,
I did notice that on my LOR the light inside is blinking.

Guest wbottomley

eric dominguez wrote:

I got i to run and i have no idea what I did

What I did not hear was the music coming out of my computer. What our take on this.
PS I'm in Simi also.

Eric

Try unmuting your speakers.

If this is a downloaded sequence, have you downloaded, or otherwise acquired the same audio, and then told the sequence editor where to find the media file?

If you have a cable for a FM transmitter hooked up, many PC's disconnect their internal speakers when that cable is plugged in. How do you have your audio set up currently?

I tried most of that and I still had no sound, I'll play with it when i get home,

what I did do and im not sure if it is right was

everytime i made a new musical sequence I imported the same templet with the animation , then i built the show from there (so I didn't have to re-write all the channels and re draw my house in the animation portion).

When i save a new sequence does it save the animation does it save the animation

I have 3 Lor 1602 when I daisy chain them togeather will they know what channel goes with what 1602 or do I have to change the address of the 1602 (HOW DO I DO THAT)

On the 1602 controllers, there are a pair of white plastic dials exposed near the top of the controller when you have the front panel open. You set the two digit controller ID with those dials, then power the unit up.

Using the same base file is a good idea, especially for importing the channel configuration if you have made changes. For each sequence, you need to use edit->media file, and select which audio or video media is to be played with the sequence.

Hi Eric,

If you still need help I'm not in Simi anymore but my kids still live there and I have lunch with them often, so I could assist you if you need.
I live in Granada Hills now.

Mostly looking for sequences i made about 10 already but man is that time consumming. i tried downloading some free ones but they don't have the music with them or im just missing the boat and not doing something right>

Funny we moved from Porter ranch a few years ago.

Good morning

Music is protected by copyright laws

You have to choose the sequences you want

documenting the music artist and then find the music on cd

or on the net and purchase it

then you have to adjust the sequence to the music

Thats brief but it is the idea

Frank A.;)