Light-O-Rama Forums

Plugging CCR into LOR Network

bryandolan

Okay, admittedly, this is the first time I am trying to 'integrate' the CCR into my existing LOR network.

I have a CTB16 mounted outside with the Cat5 running to my PC...All the testing I have been doing on the CCR has been local to the PC where I unplugged the CTB16 and plugged the CCR direct into the SC485 adapter...all works great when each one is plugged independently.

I just tried plugging the Cat5 from the CTB16 into the CCR and plugging the CCR into the SC485, and I can only get the CCR to be recognized in the Hardware Utility.

I hope this is something simple (and probably dumb on my part)...but any help would be appreciated.

Again, if I unplug the CTB16 from the CCR and put it direct into the SC485, it finds the CTB16 without issue.

I have not tried moving the CCR outside next to the CTB16 yet, so can't comment on if that has the same issues.

Thank you in advance!!

Bryan

Did you change the unit ID on either of these?

The CCR ships as unit 01 and the controller usually default to 01 so I would think there may be a conflict if you have not change one or the other from the default unit ID.

Just guessing.

I am having a similar problem although my CCR is recognized by the network.

I can control the CCR in the hardware utility and do all the examples in the Quick start guide.

But when I try to integrate the CCR into the sequences, it will not respond although the lights in all of the other contollers work. I have tried cutting and pasting the 2 second blue leaping arch sequece into the sequence and still no luck. I made sure my programming is identical and still won't work. In the hardware utility it recognizes it as controller 04 and allows me to do everything.

Can anyone give me any ideas of what step I'm missing? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Remove the power from the CCR (turn it off), but leave it in the network with the CTB16. Can the hardware utility see the CTB16 now? If so, then the CCR is sending interference on the network.

Do both RJ45 connectors on the CCR work? If only one works, then you have a bad connection in the second one.

I just bought one of these cable testers. (But it hasn't arrived yet.) This would be an ideal thing to test your network.

Steven, thank you for the tip of unplugging and checking for the CTB16.

I discovered that somehow the UNIT ID for CTB16 changed to ID3 (probably when I changed the CCR to 3), and with the power off, changed the CTB16 to ID 1, plugged it back in, then did a SEARCH and it found both units (ID1 for CTB16 and ID3 for CCR).

THANKS again for your quick response!

Bryan

• The topic was locked