Light-O-Rama Forums

Proximity of Easy Linker to Controller

Rick Hughes

Is there a reason NOT to have the Easy Linker really close to the controller (in my case the LOR1602)?

For example, I was thinking of using velcro to attach the Easy Linker to the top of the (wall-mounted) controller.

Any reason I shouldn't?

Thanks ... Rick

I have the transmitting one about 10 inches from the controller screwed to the garage wall. The receiving unit sits on top of the controller in the yard. This is my first year with them. I "broke" them in on my Halloween display.

Never saw any issues and I do not remember any disclaimers.

Thanks guys. I know the best answer is "try it and see if it works" ... but the controller will be mounted under the soffit of a steeply pitched roof and I'm trying to accomplish EVERYTHING with one trip up (and down) the extension ladder.

I used the ELLs last two years (but not in this location) and they were flawless.

Thanks again ... Rick

This is my first year with the ells. I intend to get more next season. It would be nice to remote them all. has anyone tried this?

All of my controllers are connected by ELL. They are a substantial cost component, but for instance, I have a circular driveway with LOR controllers in the semicircle. I surely don't want cars driving over CAT5 cable.

I also tell myself I'm eliminating a single point of failure in the display (the CAT5 cables).

As to the original question, I put all my ELL's on top of the controllers except one. That one is around the side of my garage and I needed to move the ELL to a spot with better reception. That is a common reason for choosing the location of an ELL.

• 3 weeks later...

I have two revolving controllers with an ell attached to one and the other daisy chained. The transmitting stationary ell is just inches away.

I had some skips where the lights weren't resetting so I added tin foil around so the antennas wouldn't be so directionally sensitive and then reduced the power down to 1 mw.

Pretty happy with the ells overall.

Hope this helps.

Larry k.