Light-O-Rama Forums

Mounting Show Director DC-MP3 into an LOR1602W controller?

mquick70

Hi! I just received my Show Director so I won't have to run a cable through my window to my controller this year! Now I can't figure out how to mount the Show Director into the LOR1602W... The user manual says the unit can be used standalone or "fits inside and is powered by an LOR1602W lighting controller." I'm not sure where to mount it or what connections need to be made, other than the network cable.

Any help here would be great!

Thanks!!

This is the best photo I can find of the factory install. The only connection to the controller should be the network cable. It also has a mini stereo connector for the audio.

yhst-1552586516070_2077_4971036

The network cable can supply power from the controller to the director card.

Other than that, you need something to plug into the audio output for sound and the SD card. Then you're ready to go.

I don't mean to butt in here but I am a newbie and also have the Show Director w/MP3 Player because I too want to run my show without the computer. I have mounted the Director inside my one & only LOR1602W controller but not sure how to power it. I would rather ask for help before I hook something up wrong and get into trouble. I have a 12" cat5e cable and am thinking it should connect to one of the two RS485 jacks on the bottom of the Show Director and to one of the two cable in/out jacks on the controller board. If I am wrong, then could someone please explain that connection. (i.e. What type of cable (cat5e?) and where does it connect from the controller to the Show Director?)

Thanks for the info. Just what I wanted to hear. I got my LOR1602W at the Feb. sale this year. Ordered the Show Director at the summer sale. The LOR unit came with the plate installed. I just removed the 4 black screws, pulled the plate forward a bit, and used the 4 silver screws already in the Show Director to attach it to the plate and then found a 12 inch cat5e cable w/ends at Lowes, I think, for about $2 and hoped it was what I needed.

That's really odd about yours not having the plate cause the On/Off switch and fuses are on it. How do ya turn your controller off and on?