Light-O-Rama Forums

How do you guys do it

Dan Lott

jimswinder wrote:

Use the words that you think people would do a search on..so more than likely it would be Christmas Lights. I would even go as far as making it Christmas Lights, Christmas, Lights.

Think of how you do searches...more than likely that is how most people will look also.

Jim is correct - try any and all combinations for your site. Don't forget to include your location as well. Many people search for Christmas Lights in a particular location - Christmas Lights Hudsonville - you want to include this in your tag so that they get to your site with that search.

Again, you can never really have too many tags.

Ok i have added more keywords but i am not done adding yet. Also i did the google web tool that 1 and 1 has and also i added my url in another tool they had to get my url out there with all search engines. My site comes up in google now but i have to work on my key words as it does not come up with everyone i type in but with yahoo i am getting nothing. Is it something that time will take care of or did i miss something.

Dan Lott wrote:

Ok i have added more keywords but i am not done adding yet. Also i did the google web tool that 1 and 1 has and also i added my url in another tool they had to get my url out there with all search engines. My site comes up in google now but i have to work on my key words as it does not come up with everyone i type in but with yahoo i am getting nothing. Is it something that time will take care of or did i miss something.

You have to remember that there are hundreds (if not thousands) of other websites that may use the same key words, so until you start getting a lot of hits, you will probaly be at the bottom...unless you are searching on very specific and unique words.

Guest wbottomley

Dan Lott wrote:

It can take some time because the search engines have to crawl your site first. The time frame can be between now and a month.

jimswinder wrote:

You have to remember that there are hundreds (if not thousands) of other websites that may use the same key words, so until you start getting a lot of hits, you will probaly be at the bottom...unless you are searching on very specific and unique words.

I am searching my website name itself and it is not coming up. I am going to work more on the keywords and let time take its path and see where that will get me.

Dan Lott wrote:

Jim i don't like waiting it's not fun :(

You could always purchase advertising on Google/Yahoo. That would ensure your website would show up.

I use webs.com

they have free service

tripod also has a free plan but with triod your site won't work with the www. in front of it

my site is

www.carnathanlights.webs.com

I am not sure what the storage space is of course you could use a video hosting site then use the embedded feature to post it on your site I use Yahoo video becareful with youtube because they edit out your audio