Light-O-Rama Forums

Curtain strobes causing flicker problems

mark obermiller

I have noticed that when I fade the lights to zero and when the curtain strobes are on that this causes the fading to flicker. The only time I have any problems is during a fade and when the fade reaches about 30%. It only happens with the 1 control that the curtain strobes are attached to.

Has anyone ever run into this problem and if so what is the solution. I have added an extra load to the channel that the strobes are on but this did not solve the flicker issue.

I have only 27 curtain strobes up right now and will be adding over 300 more to various channels so I must solve this problem now.

Thanks!

Check your firmware and see if you have the lates release. I had this problem and did the upgrade and it was fixed.

You did not say what controller you had .... I am using the PC controllers.

Anthony

Thanks for the reply. I am using the blue board showtime 16 channels control that LOR assembles. I had upgraded to the most recent firmware prior to the flicker problem.

Thanks.

I finally found the old thread on filters to prevent CFL's from messing up LOR cards.

LightORamaJohn wrote:

XPPF X10 noise filters seem to work (search for "XPPF" on ebay -- $4 to $5)

Plug the CFL into the filter and then into the controller. I have not done any real testing beyond using it with a few different CFLs. I would appreciate feedback if some one tries it.

I suspect the same filter, between the strobes and the LOR controller should fix your issue.