Light-O-Rama Forums

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robert cox

rwertz wrote:

Hopefully your silence is a good sign.

You could try wiping out your schedule files and starting again. I just verified that LOR will recreate the files if they are missing.

Disable shows. Go to the LOR folder and locate (or search for) weeksched.lsc and yearsched.lsc. Change the name of both the files (put an x in front). Then open the Schedule Editor and make a new entry. Remember to end at 11:59:59 PM.

Reg,

You are a genius. I wiped out those files and it works on the first try. I am going to enable and disable shows a couple more times to make sure it stays fixed.

Bob

That's great. You might want to see what it does to you next Saturday though.

I'll still bring the USB adapters. If you want, we can keep going with the plan to have the laptop ready (just in case).

If you get a chance, make sure you have the latest files on the laptop (sequences, music, and show). I should be able to take it from there.

It's frustrating enough to have problems. But to have problems just as TLC is showing up to do a feature on your display! Can't wait to see you and your display on the magic box. I'm going to Bill Vaughan's taping tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

robert cox wrote:

rwertz wrote:
Reg,

You are a genius. I wiped out those files and it works on the first try. I am going to enable and disable shows a couple more times to make sure it stays fixed.

Bob

Bob,

I suppose you have isolated the issue by now, but just in case:

I had the same thing happen to me Halloween evening but never previously; it appeared to be a bug in the scheduler when transitioning from end of week to start of week (Saturday to Sunday). I believe this may be why stopping the schedule short of the next day helps. I have not proved this, but I believe the software will need a bug fix for the scheduler. You may want to try changing the date on your PC from a Saturday to any other day or the reverse to establish this as the cause.

John

I had the same thing happen to me Halloween evening but never previously; it appeared to be a bug in the scheduler when transitioning from end of week to start of week (Saturday to Sunday). I believe this may be why stopping the schedule short of the next day helps. I have not proved this, but I believe the software will need a bug fix for the scheduler.

This bug was fixed in version 2.5.6, which was released on October 26. For future reference, we always post announcements of new releases to the "Important Announcements" forum:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum55/