Light-O-Rama Forums

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robert cox

I ran my show and tested everything OK.

Right now i am trying to run the show and only one sequence plays over and over. I have retested all the sequences in the sequence edito and they all work. I have deleted the sequences from the show, and reloaded them. still the same. It will play the first song in the show list, and i have tried using a diferent sequence as the first one and i get the same repeating result. I have play in order ckecked in the show editor.

I have to run the lights tnight any help would be appreciated. I have v2.3.4 on my show computer, and i can't change it right now because it is not hooked to the internet and i won't be able to retrieve my license info

bob

Guest wbottomley

robert cox wrote:

I ran my show and tested everything OK.

Right now i am trying to run the show and only one sequence plays over and over. I have retested all the sequences in the sequence edito and they all work. I have deleted the sequences from the show, and reloaded them. still the same. It will play the first song in the show list, and i have tried using a diferent sequence as the first one and i get the same repeating result. I have play in order ckecked in the show editor.

I have to run the lights tnight any help would be appreciated. I have v2.3.4 on my show computer, and i can't change it right now because it is not hooked to the internet and i won't be able to retrieve my license info

bob

Bob... bad place to be in.;)

Try unchecking the play in order to see what it does.

You can download 2.5.4 to a flash drive then connect it to your pc to install. Remember, it will be demo mode until it's registered.

I can't play in a shuffle order because evrything is synched with galaxia.

i just moved everything back to my sequencing computer opened and resaved, and i am going to load it back to the show computer and see if it works

bob

Robert,
How about if you run it on your sequencing computer?
You already have the software on there! It's probably only a few connections and your up and running...
At least till you figure out whats wrong with your show computer...

I tried moving them from the show back to the sequence cpu and reopening them with sequence edito and making a change. I have now moved them back to the show cpu and it still repeats the first song

The only thing differnet i did from last night when it ran right, was restart the computer, make a slight change in each of the sequences ( i had made changes last night will no problems)

I can't figure this one out!!!!!!!

Are your sequencing PC and your show PC running the same version? if not, that may be your problem.

try creating a new show file on your show PC save it and then load that in the scheduler. I had a problem last year with my show not working correctly and creating a new show file solved the problem.
just some thoughts.

Craig

Bob, I remember reading a post several days ago with someone having a similar problem, I have been looking for it but can't find it.

I think it had something to do with what time the show was scheduled, for testing he had the time form 12:00AM to 12:00 AM the next day and it kept repeating the first sequence over. If I am remembering this right He set the time to end at 11:59PM and it worked???

Tim

Tim,

I will try changing the end time in a minute, right now i just created a brand new show sequence. I have already edited the galaxia shows to remove the song titles.

So if i can't get it fixed, i can at least run it in shuffle

bob

Tim Herberger wrote:

Bob, I remember reading a post several days ago with someone having a similar problem, I have been looking for it but can't find it.

I think it had something to do with what time the show was scheduled, for testing he had the time form 12:00AM to 12:00 AM the next day and it kept repeating the first sequence over. If I am remembering this right He set the time to end at 11:59PM and it worked???

Tim

I too read that and you are correct. I can't find it either and I don't remember exactly how he changed the times around

Hopefully your silence is a good sign.

You could try wiping out your schedule files and starting again. I just verified that LOR will recreate the files if they are missing.

Disable shows. Go to the LOR folder and locate (or search for) weeksched.lsc and yearsched.lsc. Change the name of both the files (put an x in front). Then open the Schedule Editor and make a new entry. Remember to end at 11:59:59 PM.

Reg,

My silence was due to the fact that the film crew showed up, I still did not get it to work. I will try to wipe out the files you mentioned in the morning.

If what happened this morning wasn't bad, About 5 minutes into filming i noticed a mega tree not running. I check the breakers for the board, and they were good. Opened up the board case and i see no power light, but did find a fried CRICKET across the contacts. I replaced the fuses and it seems ok.

If the file wipe doesn't work, maybe we can try your usb adapter from my laptop to run it for tomorow night.

See ya tomorrow

bob

I'm sure these problems are extremely frustrating. But at least you were still able to get the lights going.

I packed a USB485 and a new USB485B (with the "special" cable), and a CD containing the drivers.

I'm not sure when I can talk Ryan into hitting the road. But we'll stop in as soon as we get in the area. At the latest it will be 4 or 5, hopefully sooner.

Edit: We plan on leaving here by noon. That puts us there by 3:30. I'll stick around and give you a hand getting the adapter installed.