Light-O-Rama Forums

License problem?

rushonerok

rushonerok wrote:

im just going to find something better for next year. there has been way to many bugs with LOR software. the controllers are great but the software is a disappointment.

If you don't like a product, by all means go out and search for something better. That's a much more productive action then simply complaining...

That said, I've been using LOR software since the pre-1.0 demo version in 2003. I've never had any bugs keep me from running the show properly or affect my sequencing ability to any significant degree. There are plenty of features I'd like to see added, and a few bugs I'd like to see addressed, but that's true of any software I use...

I don't consider having to re-enter a license key a bug either.

Frankly with your attitude, I'm sure more than a few people would like to see you switch brands.

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

rushonerok wrote:
im just going to find something better for next year. there has been way to many bugs with LOR software. the controllers are great but the software is a disappointment.

If you don't like a product, by all means go out and search for something better. That's a much more productive action then simply complaining...

That said, I've been using LOR software since the pre-1.0 demo version in 2003. I've never had any bugs keep me from running the show properly or affect my sequencing ability to any significant degree. There are plenty of features I'd like to see added, and a few bugs I'd like to see addressed, but that's true of any software I use...

I don't consider having to re-enter a license key a bug either.

Frankly with your attitude, I'm sure more than a few people would like to see you switch brands.

-Tim

EXACTLY WELL STATED!!

Rush, I looked at your website. Nice display. Looks like you got some nice press as well. Would all this be possible with another companies solutions? Absolutely. But you used and praised LOR.

I am puzzled by your criticism of the software when you are using it on a platform that is not supported by LOR. Should I complain that it will not run natively on a Mac? This issue has popped up before and, if I recall correctly, has always been on a win 7 machine. You have not even indicated what, if any, support or solutions you have received from LOR.

In any event, how much do you want for your controllers shipped to 21012?

Guest wbottomley

rushonerok wrote:

Bye.

One little fact that none of you picked up on was he's using a version that hasn't even been released yet :) He indicated a version of 2.6.3? Maybe it's a new Beta version :)

-Gary-

Guest wbottomley

Gary Levelius wrote:

One little fact that none of you picked up on was he's using a version that hasn't even been released yet :) He indicated a version of 2.6.3? Maybe it's a new Beta version :)

-Gary-

No beta versions are out right now.

Everyone is currently at 2.5.4 unless I don't know something, lol!

Gary Levelius wrote:

-Gary-

Oh probably dislexic (sp) and transposed digits. So does that mean he does not have trouble if things are reversed?

Chuck

Some machines had this problem, where they would lose track of licensing info and so need to be reactivated. We have made several changes to try to minimize this. However, version 2.3.6 is from before any of these changes were made.

If anyone has a problem like this in the future, and is not using a recent version of the software, I would suggest upgrading to the latest version.