Light-O-Rama Forums

mounting

TitusCarnathan

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my CCR ribbon mounted on a flag pole and the controller is mounted in a Ligh-O-Rama outdoor controller case, And a big Bravo to Light-O-Rama I wanted a beacon to attract people from the highway across the river and it does everything I wanted, I had 3 people ask me what it was as I was testing it out, The Flag Pole is on my 2nd floor deck so it has plenty of visability from 360°

Drilled through the top of the case and mounted is my FM Transmitting Antenna, this year I'm using a Ramsey FM 10c

the CCR is in Legacy Mode, I had the sequences done before the CCR arrived

and I posted a video on youtube just click the link below

Attached files 185516=10519-CCR Open Box.jpg

PMC,

Is that the stock antenna from the Ramsey transmitter, or did you buy another antenna. if it's another, what are you using. I'd like to change to an external antenna myself....

That is awesome!!!
Would two CCR "innerds" fit in one of those enclosures? Trying to minimize my expenses with 3 of them

You should have no problems mounting 2 CCR power supplies + CCR controllers. If you have a DIY LOR controller its the same case as that. I like using this case becasue of the easy access

Is that the stock antenna from the Ramsey transmitter, or did you buy another antenna. if it's another, what are you using. I'd like to change to an external antenna myself....

No not a Ramsey Stock Antenna, its an antenna from a old wireless microphone I had a few years ago, call around to a few music stores or electronics shops and you can use a 75ohm (F-Type) adapter or a BNC, or PL-259 and the cable I used was standard RG-59 (cable TV) wire, make sure that the antenna extends out beyond 24 inches (standard wavelength for FM) mine is on 89.5FM so my wavelength is 27 inches

With this antenna I am able to receive my signal 3 blocks away from my house using a 0.2 watt transmitter (FCC Legal)

If I wanted to purchase an antenna, I like this one Ramsey makes

And if you want to be adventurous and build your own antenna and have some basic electronics skills, and designing your own synchronized light system passes that test, I would build this beast, it's called a SlimJim you can get the parts at Home Depot or Lowes or any hardware store

Thought I would share what I found to mount my Cosmic Color Ribbon's in. It looks to be very similar to the one Titus shared above. It's an electrical junction box, 6"x6"x4" deep, from Home Depot for $11.50. The CCR, power supply, and cables all fit in there perfectly at a diagonal. The fit just snug enough to hold things in place but not stress any cables. I just drilled a 7/8" hole in the bottom for the cables. A 3/4" hole should work too, but I can't find mine.

Here's a few pics.

Attached files 186246=10556-CCR_box1_IMG_7961.jpg

• 10 months later...

I'm thinking of using the junction box idea, but I'm probably going to use compression fittings for the power supply from the outlet and the communications out to the ribbon. (one each) Then I'm either going to get some special CAT 5E compression fittings from www.jefatech.com, or some fittings that have a CAT5E port in them so I dont have to open the enclosure to unplug CAT5E cables.

Max, I plan on using a combination of feedthrough and RJ45 receptacle cables. The feedthrough will be for the power and CCR cables. The RJ45 receptacle cables will be for connecting RJ45 cables to the outside of the enclosure.

Wayne

• The topic was locked