Light-O-Rama Forums

Question from my 7 year old about the CTB16PC kits

SlashDude

My daughter is helping my put the parts on the board for me to solder, and she’s looking at the instructions while I solder…

She asks me “Where are the fuse covers?”

I respond “What fuse covers – the ones on the table?”

Her response: “I can’t find them in the picture, why aren’t they in the picture?” (See the picture of all the parts on the first page - http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/CTB16Kpcv1_Assembly_Manual.pdf)

I told her “I don’t know, but I will ask.” :cool:

So, where are the fuse covers??? :P

The fuse covers are the clear plastic gizmos. They fit tightly over the fuse and fuse holders once the fuse is placed on the assembled board.

I don't see them on the picture, but they were included with the last (and only) PC kit I bought.

Tim Fischer wrote:

I don't see them on the picture, but they were included with the last (and only) PC kit I bought.

That's the question ;)

...The physical fuse covers were on the table, but she couldn't find them in the picture on the maunel. (Its kinda like "Where's Waldo," but with electronic parts!)

She wants to know why every other part is in the picture, but why was the fuse covers left out. (I figure because they were added later, but I told her I would ask others to be sure...)

My guess is that they were either added later, forgotten in the picture, or not available yet when the picture was taken.

Heh... it's really neat how kids look at things differently. ;) I would have bet money the pictures had those fuse covers in them... but your daughter is correct.