Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR's and the need for comment fields

WayneKremer

Can you visually look at your multiple channels of a CCR sequence and tell exactly what it is doing? On some channels, can you even tell that you have a couple of them turned on (with a value of 1)? Have you ever re-opened a sequence for a CCR and are just confused as to what you were telling the CCR to do (e.g. macro, color, etc.)? Don't feel bad...DMX sequencing suffers from the same problem.

The answer to much of this is comment fields that could be placed anywhere in a sequence (possibly with their own 'Comment' channels). That way, you can put in a comment to tell yourself exactly what you set the device to do. The comment channels would do nothing functionally when playing a sequence.

I've requested this feature in the past (the proper way), but haven't seen it. With DMX and now the CCR, this feature is now greatly needed. It is a pain to go back, look at every channel value individually (good luck on ramps), then figure out what is going on at that point in the sequence for that one device (be it DMX or CCR).

Please, please, please consider this feature as soon as you can. Thx!

I agree. Something like comments would be nice.

I would like to right-click on a cell and bring up properties on the cell to see the intensity etc. Could even have labels for the values if you know it is a macro channel for a CCR.

I don't have answers but something has to be easier. Hopefully the RGB support in the LOR software will make things easier.

The problem I have is setting a field to a 1 or some other low number. It is very hard to tell what your fields are set to.... I suggest to add another choice to having ramps or not. The choice of having the % value shown for each field. This would help a lot... Right now it is a big problem programming in macro mode....

I agree with melwelch the option to display intencities as % would be nice.

Also JeffBlan cell properties can be brought up from "view" on the toolbar but having it in the right click menu would be much nicer as I use it quite a bit.

Darryl

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I finally have my CCR and messed around with it a bit last night. I Started to think about what could work for the (low value) intensity issue and it should be fairly easy. What about this? Instead of having the values of 1,2,5,6 for the macro mode. Why not use the values 10,20,50,60 that way you can see it in the sequence editor and you could use the intensity tool presets. You can't really use this on the resolution channel tho.

• The topic was locked