Light-O-Rama Forums

DC MP3 controllers

farcanal

Hi everyone Im a New LOR user with an 1602MP3 unit
I have built a couple of sequences and then used the easy show builder to export to the data card

1. the MP3 LEDS chase on insertion of card green stays on orange flashes once every so many seconds show does not start

2.The Card was supplied by LOR and I have also loaded it with a another downloaded sequence still nothing
Ive also tried to load the card via the hardware utility still no show

any ideas what im doing wrong ?
will the mp3 play if its not attached to controller? with a seperate power feed connected of course

I have tried both ways its just easier to test without hooking up the controller
tearing my hair out not much left any tips appreciated

I have downloaded all manuals and scoured the forum for clues ,though it seems not so many users of these players here.
davo

Guest wbottomley

Trouble shooting tips...

Is the time set correctly on the unit?

Is the music an mp3 file encoded at 128kbs?

What does the lights do (on mp3 unit) when first turned on?

Is the show on the SD card scheduled right?

hi Mountainwxman

Trouble shooting tips...

Is the time set correctly on the unit? tried various options as in followed instructions to set time

but if the box is ticked as in run when power applied would time then be necessary?

Is the music an mp3 file encoded at 128kbs? yes used audacity again tried various mp3s?

What does the lights do (on mp3 unit) when first turned on? green (p) then ( E) ® © and repeats then (Red) and (Green) remain on withou card on insertion of card
rapid red flash indicating I thought waiting for a show to start

Is the show on the SD card scheduled right? that is probably the million dollar question
does that have to be scheduled manually any other way than via the easy show builder

Guest wbottomley

farcanal wrote:

hi Mountainwxman

Trouble shooting tips...

Is the time set correctly on the unit? tried various options as in followed instructions to set time

but if the box is ticked as in run when power applied would time then be necessary? NO

Is the music an mp3 file encoded at 128kbs? yes used audacity again tried various mp3s?

What does the lights do (on mp3 unit) when first turned on? green (p) then ( E) ® © and repeats then (Red) and (Green) remain on withou card on insertion of card
rapid red flash indicating I thought waiting for a show to start Red should indicate an error or missing SD card. The yellow light will flash because it's waiting for a show to start.

Is the show on the SD card scheduled right? that is probably the million dollar question
does that have to be scheduled manually any other way than via the easy show builder My experience with the SSB is pretty much null. I always use the hardware utility and then I know it will be right when finished.

Answers are in red above.

One other thing, what selection is the dial pointing to on the mp3 card?

I'm not sure by your reply but...
the sequences do not run automatically when power is applied UNLESS you have set the time on your data card. The show will only turn on at the time you have set on the showbuilder for each day of the week. In addition to putting your songs on the data card, did you also set the days and time for your show to come on?

robin

Thanks everyone who tried to help its still not working its either card issues or the player

to be honest I have lost interest in the player and will arrange to send it back

the shows run perfectly on my PC so it tends to indicate the components are faulty
shame but thats life

cheers davo

Hi davo. apologies if I missed it. But, have you tried setting up your show through the LOR MP3, on the Hardware Utility.

I tried the SSB last year, didn't work too well. When I set my show up via the LOR MP3 Tab on the Hardware Utility, it worked like a champ.

Just remember, when setting up multiple shows, you can utilize 9. If running a different show each nice..ie different sequences/music; if the shows are set to start at the same time, it will only play the lowest show.

Example; last year on my Halloween show, I had set "Halloween Theme" to play from 7-9, with some filler in between. Tues. I had 2 diff. sequnces/music to play; I set this up as show 2. But I also set the time again for Tues, to run from 7-9.

Yep you guessed it. Folks got to see "Halloween Theme" till wed. when i returned from my flight schedule.

It would just play Show #1 because 1 nad 2 were set for the same time.

BIG GOTCHA!!! if you don't catch it. Hopefully staggering the shows by a minute will fix the problem this year.:D

Hope this info. may help you.

Good Luck!

David

EDIT: sorry Davo, missed you had said tried to load from Hardware Util.

Have you tried formatting the SD card. make sure everything is clear.

Also, I could be mistaken; but I think it has to be in FAT32 format..not NTFS.

Best,

David