Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX to LOR--Delay Response

bensontrent

I hooked up a DMX controller (Standard DJ type DMX light controller) to a LOR CTB16PC Box with the upgraded firmware to support DMX IN.

I wired together a cable and tested it out...there's about a 1-2 second delay. Has anybody else run into this problem? I've tried setting the LOR box to channel 01 and OC (The DMX box supports channels 1-192), I've tried changing the polarity, all the same lagging delayed response from Lor Box.

Is it just when you first start sending DMX to it, that it fails to respond, or are the effects actually shifted later?

It's time-shifted the entire time. I connect the DMX controller to the LOR BOX. The lor box LED goes solid. Every control I send gets a 1-2 second delay. The LED never fluctuates.

For example, I ramp up channel 1 on the DMX control to 100%. It takes the light (controlled by LOR) about 2 seconds to reach 100%.

Ok. It looks like you need to power down the unit after applying the firmware update for the DMX firmware to fully right itself. It's working now after a power cycle on the LOR Board.

Nope. It's not even the power cycle that makes it have a delay. My bad: I had the USB to RS485 pluged into the unit at the same time I had the DMX cable plugged into the unit. Although the RS-485 Signal was inactive, it's still sending apparently sending enough signals to introduce a delay in the reponsiveness of the LOR Board. It's remarkable it was able to function at all with both cables plugged in. It's not a hybrid LOR/DMX System!

• The topic was locked