Light-O-Rama Forums

Online source for enclosures?

HowardShank

Thanks for the response, however going to that url results in a generic search engine page.

Anyone else have enclosure sources?

• 2 months later...

If you have a Habitat For Humanity ReStore in your area, go in and look for large breaker panel boxes.. I picked up one that can -easily- hold 6 controllers for $10, and they have the punch-out holes for clamps already..

TJ Hvasta wrote:

If you have a Habitat For Humanity ReStore in your area, go in and look for large breaker panel boxes.. I picked up one that can -easily- hold 6 controllers for $10, and they have the punch-out holes for clamps already..

Outdoor rated?

TGabriel wrote:

I used 5 of their 12x12x5 demarc boxes this season. A couple of the mounting studs along the top matched the predrilled high power heatsinks on the PC controller, so I just needed to add a couple of nuts and bolts at the bottom for support. Could have added reinforced strain relief for the wires, but the existing holes sufficed.

I don't know that they're watertight, though, so I covered the ones that were outside.

Dan,

If that 12x12x5 box is also know as the 1000 box, then they are water tight. We had some real down pours this year after Thanksgiving. Not a drop in the box, but still had some water in the channel around the edges. I would only have to worry I think if there had been an huricane like winds with the rain. In cases like that, nothing is going to stay dry.

But you keep on putting bags or what ever over your box. As they say, better safe than sorry.

"http://www.yourbroadbandstore.com/category.php?cat=e"

Yea that is a good place to go unless you are Canadian or live outside of the USA.

Jeff Millard wrote:

The 16PC controllers will fit without turning them sideways, as long as you reverse the screw/nut combination attaching the Triacs to the Heat Sink.

I used a Dremel tool with a cut-off wheel to remove the part of the thread that sticks out beyond the nut. Seemed a lot quicker than reversing the screw.

Max-Paul wrote:

If that 12x12x5 box is also know as the 1000 box, then they are water tight.
I have the CG1500's. The CG1000's are the ones Jeff mentioned. Good to know they keep the weather out, but I'll still throw a tote or something similar over them.

I own a computer business, and I purchase several enclosures and antenna's for wireless at businesses and rv parks.

This company has All types of enclosures that Everyone here could use.

The website is www.l-com.com

The link to the enclosures is: http://www.l-com.com/productcenter.aspx?id=552

They have different price points, boxes with heaters, plastic or metal, etc.

I am signed up as a reseller with L-Com; but here is my rep at L-Com

Dian Wallace
Account Representative
DianWallace@L-com.com
V: 978-682-6936 x1130
F: 978-689-9484

True, the metal boxes are expensive, but in my case, I purchased the Plastic NEMA enclosures, with electrical outlet and in bulk min 4 at 159.99 for the set at 40.00 ea or individually at 48.99

here is the link directly to the boxes: http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=22109

I'm using them to extend a wired cat6 connection past 900 feet using the boxes and poe switches.

The metal boxes are expensive, but if the equipment is expensive then you may want to spend extra to have a heater.

Well that depends... nearly all the breaker boxes in AZ are mounted outside the house, so most likely they are.. the bonus is really getting more than one controller in a box, so if you have many, they can be ganged..

Max-Paul wrote:

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Outdoor rated?

Well, nearly all the breaker boxes in AZ are mounted outside the house, so most are.. the bonus is really getting more than one controller in a box, so if you have many, they can be ganged.. The ones I got are for AZ building, so yes..

Has anyone found a plastic enclosure that could hold 3-4 LOR boards? Could this be a product that LOR could offer someday?

Thanks, Chris

Jeff Millard wrote:

kingwoodpcrx wrote:
...4 at 159.99 for the set at 40.00 ea or individually at 48.99...

The Keptel Boxes are less than $15 each and only $10 in quantity...

If you buy the CG-1000 Keptel box that holds a single PC controller then you are only looking at $7.50 per box including tax and free shipping(if you buy 11 boxes).

I just ordered another batch today so I should be good for at least the next couple years... I hope! :)

-Jeff