Light-O-Rama Forums

Need some information How programme DIO32 servo

Danbel

I receive my DIO 32 I try to programme with LOR music sequence .Need more information like How to setup DIO 32 with LOR sequence for servo work???? .How to set channel property etc ....... ????I try few setup nothing work I need to find out how to setup my DIO for my 16 servo Thank Dan:?

Alright, so lets start with baby steps.

Currently the DIO board shows up in the HU and the SE as two 16 channel controllers. From LOR, the unit ID is set to unit 1. That means that the first 16 IO's are unit 1 and the second 16 IO's are unit 2. If you are using the servos, then in the SE you will need to make sure that there are channels, 1-16, that are set to unit 2. With the servos, 0 is all the way to the left, 50% is centered and 100% is all the way to the right. (that can actually be adjusted via pulse widths, but that is a different story altogether)

Now, you can change the unit IDs if 1 and 2 are already take, just remember that whatever you set the selector knobs too, the servo side of the board will be one more. IE: 1-2. 0D-0E. 25-26...blah blah blah.

Apparently my DIO board is broken, which I didn't even realize. I am putting together a little primer if you will, that I will publish when the new board gets to me. It explains how I am doing my servo control and my interactive show with inputs. It is a little too late in the year for me, but next year I will be adding outputs via the triac board for higher power lights. (the neighbors should really love me!!)

One other VERY important thing I just remembered.

Above the servo connectors (header) there are DIP switches that need to be set so the board "understands" that those channels are controlling servos. Those switches need to have the middle two switches pushed up. The first down, second up, third up, fourth down.

Page 24 on the manual explains it on the chart...

http://lightorama.com/Documents/DIO32_Man_Web.pdf

What I did wrong was in my Channel Properties in (Device Type ) I select DIO Card not LOR controle :)And another think Not all servo working on that board My ( futaba s3003) working fin .Went I install (Tower Pro SG510 servo )they not working I got 12 I try 5 no one working WHY ?????? Thank Daniel

D

A limited bit of google searching turns up a number of people blaming TowerPro servos for crashing their planes, but I find no specs for those servos. Are they maybe SG5010?

Also, a cynic might decide that the TowerPro brand name was chosen because people might mistakenly believe they are Tower Hobbies brand. As far as I can tell there is no relation between the two brands, and no intent to be deceptive.

Servos are pretty standard as far as the pulse that will drive them. I am not sure why the Tower Pro servos are not working.

If it is the T-Pro SG5010 that you are having the problem with then let us know. We will order one to test with.

Like klb said, I didn't read anything good about those servos. I am using purely Hi-tec servos and have not had a single issue with them and the DIO card yet.