Light-O-Rama Forums

Resetting IDMX

zulfie

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to restore or reset an IDMX1000 back to its factory default of E0. I tried changing the ID today and now the hardware tool cannot find the unit. I changed the max unit ID to F0 to search every address on the network chain, but still no go. I verified that my setup is correct by hooking up a LOR controller and it found it.

The manual said to hold the select button on the unit while applying power, tried that 3 times, still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

Ray have you tried setting the "Units" to the highest possible setting in the HU? Does it find the controller then?

When the HU is on, does the light on the iDMX go solid?

I had a problem with my iDMX last year, but the light wouldn't come on after I tired setting the unit id. LOR replaced the unit and all is well now.

Another thing to try.

Have you "forced" the controller to learn a new ID? What I mean by this is in the HU you can click on the drop down menu under "Set New Unit ID." Select whatever unit ID you want and try and program the controller then. If an error comes up, ignore it first. Then try and "find" the controller on the network again. When that error comes up it usually means that no controller is found on the network...that is a problem.

Ponddude wrote:

Ray have you tried setting the "Units" to the highest possible setting in the HU? Does it find the controller then?

I had a problem with my iDMX last year, but the light wouldn't come on after I tired setting the unit id. LOR replaced the unit and all is well now.

Hey Ponddude,

Yea, I set the max value in HU to F0 and it still wouldn't find it. The light does go solid, it definitely sees it and comm 1 recognizes that its there, HU simply can't find it.

I even tried re-flashing the firmware twice with no luck. Will have to resort to Support on Monday to see if they can help....

Thanks,

Ray

Ponddude wrote:

Another thing to try.

Have you "forced" the controller to learn a new ID? What I mean by this is in the HU you can click on the drop down menu under "Set New Unit ID." Select whatever unit ID you want and try and program the controller then. If an error comes up, ignore it first. Then try and "find" the controller on the network again. When that error comes up it usually means that no controller is found on the network...that is a problem.

Yes, tried that as well. Checked the ignore error settings, set it to 10, then 20 and 30, A0, bunch of different addresses, with the max unit id set to F0 and still nothing.

Think its fried or something, not sure...

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

I had a problem with my iDMX when I got it. The only unit ID address it would take was "10" any others I get that error message and the unit cannot be found. Were there some problems with these?

zulfie wrote:

Ponddude wrote:

Hey Ponddude,

Yea, I set the max value in HU to F0 and it still wouldn't find it. The light does go solid, it definitely sees it and comm 1 recognizes that its there, HU simply can't find it.

I even tried re-flashing the firmware twice with no luck. Will have to resort to Support on Monday to see if they can help....

Thanks,

Ray

I had this problem last year with a couple of iDMX-1000 units. The units would respond to the sequence/show/scheduler although they were not recognized in the HU so I just blew it off. After all, if they work during the show, that is all that matters.

Charles

Hey Guys... Finally got it resolved... Spoke to Dan and he told me what to do and it works....

If you have issue, make sure the IDMX is the only thing hooked up to your network, open up the HU Editor.

On the lower left for Change Existing ID, on the Old ID, select "Any Unit"

On New Unit ID, choose 10 and boom, it programs it and when you do a search it should find it, did for me anyway...

I have not tried to change it from 10 to anything else after the fix as 10 works fine for me. Also, not sure why 10, he mentioned it is a global command, so maybe the first step is to set it to 10 and then you can change it to something else...

Anyway, hope this helps for anyone else with an issue... Again, remember not to have any other controllers hooked up when setting the new ID...

Ray

lonewolvie wrote:

I had a problem with my iDMX when I got it. The only unit ID address it would take was "10" any others I get that error message and the unit cannot be found. Were there some problems with these?

Found the problem, an intermittant "open" in a cat 5 cable. Sometimes it "was" there and other time it "wasn't". Pays to have a good cable tester. Yes the unit was the only controller at the time. A short piece of cat 5 had a loose pin or wire.

• The topic was locked