Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Advice on Yard Grid

Johnny Poore

Hi Everybody,

I need a little advice on setting up a yard grid, I want to cover the front yard with lights this year. 32 strings of multi-Minni's in horizontal lines across the yard and 32 strings vertical, very much like a tic-tac-toe pattern on steroids. I have 32 channels in place using 2 LOR1602W's and 2 spare 1602's and I want to use one to disperse the power requirements for the grid, channels 1-8 horizontal 4 strings per channel and channels 9-16 vertical 4 strings per channel. I have 2 large eves on my house which are represented by channel 1 and channel 2 on my first controller (Ch 1 Left Eve, Ch 2 Right Eve) what I want to do is when the Left Eve comes on in my sequence I want the horizontal yard strings to come on and when the Right Eve comes on I want the vertical yard strings to come on. I know that if I set the spare controller to the same ID as controller #1 it will duplicate the #1 controller and here's where I get stuck...I don't want the spare controller to emulate channels 3-16 I want the first 8 to duplicate CH #1 and the second 8 to duplicate CH #2. Does this make sense or should I address this thru the sequence and add 16 more channels thru the software and duplicate the effects for those 2 channels?

Any help and ideas would be appreciated...

Thanks
Johnny Poore, 2nd year LOR Newbie with 32 Channels and growing..:D

I personally have not seen a situation where I would not recommend doing it through the sequence editor. In this case, I think it is your only way.

Nah, let him have his fun. Modify the XML code int he .lms file directly. We need more proficient XML programmers.

Personally, I'll use the editor. Hightlight a channel or two, copy/pasted the cells to the new channel.