Light-O-Rama Forums

lor 2.3.8 something wrong

gail bell

maybe someone can help.didn't want to bother dan. but i did a test tonight with all my lights .and i have the 2.3.8 advanced . i have the key installed and lights worked great with internet enabled, but i shut off my internet .and started up the sequence editor and then it says it was 2.3.8 demo.it asked for my key again. so i shut lor down and enabled my internet again .then started lor program again.then i had 2.3.8 advanced back. any thoughts on this ? because i like to disable the internet while my shows running , anyone had this problem? thanks in advance. gail

No answer. I need to test also, and please share any information you get. This could have major implications for one of our shows.

I have 2.3.8 loaded on my laptop. I can launch the sequence editor and it will show 2.3.8 advanced when I am not connected to the internet. Just tested it for sure and with no internet connectivity, I launched the sequence editor and the top showed 2.3.8 advanced.

Not sure what Gail means when he says he "shut off my internet".

Chuck

gail bell wrote:

maybe someone can help.didn't want to bother dan. but i did a test tonight with all my lights .and i have the 2.3.8 advanced . i have the key installed and lights worked great with internet enabled, but i shut off my internet .and started up the sequence editor and then it says it was 2.3.8 demo.it asked for my key again. so i shut lor down and enabled my internet again .then started lor program again.then i had 2.3.8 advanced back. any thoughts on this ? because i like to disable the internet while my shows running , anyone had this problem? thanks in advance. gail

I am not sure this has anything to do with being connected to the internet, but had a similar situation after I registered. The first three times I used the sequence editor, it would say I was using the demo. When I would go to enter the registration information, the form would come up but would be filled in with the name and key. I would hit enter and get the confirmation screen. The last time this happened, I noticed a note that said you had to exit the sequence editor and restart it after registering. When I did this, I haven't had the problem since.

I just tried this test with my laptop. With internet connection active, open sequence editor and 2.3.8 Advanced is reported. Normal functionality.

Uplugged the cat5 from internet, rebooted the laptop, opened sequence editor and 2.3.8 Advanced is reported. Normal functionality.

No problems that I can see connected to the internet or not. Everything works the same on my laptop.

chuck,i meant i disabled my internet. and yes .it's been registered.it worked great when i was connected to internet ,but when i disable my internet and reload lor program the page comes up saying it's demo.that need to register to use lights .so so i unloaded lor .and enabled the internet ,loaded lor and everything works great, and says 2.3.8 advanced . let me check it again this morning ,brb cmoore60 wrote:

I have 2.3.8 loaded on my laptop. I can launch the sequence editor and it will show 2.3.8 advanced when I am not connected to the internet. Just tested it for sure and with no internet connectivity, I launched the sequence editor and the top showed 2.3.8 advanced.

Not sure what Gail means when he says he "shut off my internet".

Chuck

just checked this morning and it's still doing it, don't know whats going on.i just don't want to use up my register keys.but at the same time ,if my internet goes down while my shows trying to run this season.i won't be able to run my shows.

The exact same thing happened to me: Lor was working fine at home where I have wireless, internet connection. Took my laptop to the hospital where my son was having surgery (no internet connection). I booted LOR, and it said it was a demo version.

I re-entered my key when I got home, and it worked fine - however, I had internet connection again.

did it work fine after you disable the internet again , after entering your key again? i didn't want to waste a key. thankschewinggum2 wrote:

The exact same thing happened to me: Lor was working fine at home where I have wireless, internet connection. Took my laptop to the hospital where my son was having surgery (no internet connection). I booted LOR, and it said it was a demo version.

I re-entered my key when I got home, and it worked fine - however, I had internet connection again.

I just re-booted with internet connection turned off and LOR works fine this time. I may try and go to Starbucks or something later today and see if there is another problem.

Your post caught my eye - this is a brand new laptop I purchased just last week for my lights. Before I read your post, I thought it was a problem with my new computer.

I have now used my key 3 times! Personally, I wouldn't worry about using your key - It's my opinion, Dan would rather know if anyone is having a glitch.

i downloaded 2.3.8 again .thinking i lost a file , but nope it still does it , grrrrrrrrrr. {hands are in the air } before i beat this key board. guess i could save my sequences and audio files in a different folder .and delete lor ,then install in again , but i'll wait till someone finds a awnser. chewinggum2 wrote:

I just re-booted with internet connection turned off and LOR works fine this time. I may try and go to Starbucks or something later today and see if there is another problem.

Your post caught my eye - this is a brand new laptop I purchased just last week for my lights. Before I read your post, I thought it was a problem with my new computer.

I have now used my key 3 times! Personally, I wouldn't worry about using your key - It's my opinion, Dan would rather know if anyone is having a glitch.

ok, guess it's fixed now , i registered the key again .now it works offline .and it's the advanced and not the demo . maybe Dan can tell me whats going on . i just didn't want to use up my keys. i know i shouldn't worry about using them . but i hate to waste anything . thanks so much everyone.i'll be checking back to see what Dan says . {PS...} DAN it would be nice to add to forums instant chat messaging or chat room. if possible.would make it faster to comunicate, just a thought . thanks gail

I just had something similar happen to me as well, however in my situation I was connected to the Internet. Upon bootup, I immediately rushed into the LightORama sequence editor instead of checking my email. The demo screen came up while other programs were still loading. (Antivirus most likely). When the sequence editor loaded, it said demo at the top. I exited the editor, waited a bit for the computer to finish loading stuff and then again loaded the sequence editor. This time it loaded in normal advanced mode. I then disconnected from my router and booted again. The editor loaded in registered mode without a problem. I reconnected the cable and again booted the computer and rushed into the editor while other programs were loading. Once again the editor came up in demo mode. I exited the program waited a bit and then was able to enter in registered mode. Following a few more reboots, I was again able to duplicate this behavior but not every time. Perhaps there is a clue here to the programmers as to what is taking place. Aside from this, I've never had a problem using 2.3.8 in registered mode since it's release. I'm using Vista Home Premium 64bit and have made no recent changes to the system other than several Microsoft updates here lately.

ok,see i never rushed into starting lor ..i always wait for everything to load , i'm using win xp , since i entered the key again it works fine now . and i to have not changed any programing or system restore Brad Stucky wrote:

I just had something similar happen to me as well, however in my situation I was connected to the Internet. Upon bootup, I immediately rushed into the LightORama sequence editor instead of checking my email. The demo screen came up while other programs were still loading. (Antivirus most likely). When the sequence editor loaded, it said demo at the top. I exited the editor, waited a bit for the computer to finish loading stuff and then again loaded the sequence editor. This time it loaded in normal advanced mode. I then disconnected from my router and booted again. The editor loaded in registered mode without a problem. I reconnected the cable and again booted the computer and rushed into the editor while other programs were loading. Once again the editor came up in demo mode. I exited the program waited a bit and then was able to enter in registered mode. Following a few more reboots, I was again able to duplicate this behavior but not every time. Perhaps there is a clue here to the programmers as to what is taking place. Aside from this, I've never had a problem using 2.3.8 in registered mode since it's release. I'm using Vista Home Premium 64bit and have made no recent changes to the system other than several Microsoft updates here lately.

Gail,

I would suggest that you drop support@lightorama an email and let them know what has gone on. Or at least direct them to this thread. Let them know now that you installed another of your licenses so that maybe then can adjust because of this problem. In other words, be proactive with notification for the license.

Chuck

ok thanks chuck cmoore60 wrote:

Gail,

I would suggest that you drop support@lightorama an email and let them know what has gone on. Or at least direct them to this thread. Let them know now that you installed another of your licenses so that maybe then can adjust because of this problem. In other words, be proactive with notification for the license.

Chuck

I noticed this thread so I check the license for Gail Bell...

It says that it was installed on two different machines BUT those machines look very very close to being the same machine. We can see one activation for 2.3.4, 2.3.6 and 2.3.8... 2.3.8 looks to be installed on a second machine. Did anything special happen with that machine between 6/26 and 8/16?

We added an activation to the limit so nothing has been lost here...

Dan

no Dan it's the same machine , nothing has changed on itLightORamaDan wrote:

I noticed this thread so I check the license for Gail Bell...

It says that it was installed on two different machines BUT those machines look very very close to being the same machine. We can see one activation for 2.3.4, 2.3.6 and 2.3.8... 2.3.8 looks to be installed on a second machine. Did anything special happen with that machine between 6/26 and 8/16?

We added an activation to the limit so nothing has been lost here...

Dan