Light-O-Rama Forums

Dio32

jstein

As I am fixing to order one of the Dio32 cards, it occurs to me I really don't know how to power this. Will it be 2 power cords? 1 AC plug and 1 DC plug? I do not know a whole lot about this but I just want to know before I actually order. Thanks for any and all help you can give!

I believe the control is powered via the data line. I believe in the preliminary documentation, I saw something about being able to provide aux. power for the outputs (after jumpers are set corectly). Also, the daughter cards appear to be the devices utilizing AC power. I don't think there is any DC on the DIO32 itself, just the daughter cards for dimming & relay switching.

Download the prelim manual.

I read through it and it looks like to me the DIO32 can have a variety of power sources to power it's electronics. As far as the outpur cards, it looks to me like they are powered for yet another power source. Such as the high power dimming card.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

Download the prelim manual.

I read through it and it looks like to me the DIO32 can have a variety of power sources to power it's electronics. As far as the outpur cards, it looks to me like they are powered for yet another power source. Such as the high power dimming card.

Chuck

That is correct Chuck,

The DIO32 can be powered by a variety voltages AC and DC. But that powers only the main DIO32 card. Servos take there own power source, the AC dimmer cards take their own power source.

Dan

Bump....

Dan can you answer Howard's question?

I plan I using the motion detector too and would like to know how to wire it.

I'm guessing, hopefully right that it will have to be something like this.

Unless the 5vdc off the DIO32 is capable of running the 12vdc PIR power.

Attached files 177480=10140-DIO32_PIR_Connect.png