Light-O-Rama Forums

PIR Motion Detector

HowardShank

Is the PIR Motion Detector compatible for use with the DIO32 as a trigger device?

If yes, would it require a separate power source?

I believe you can use the motion dector...at least I hope so because I plan on it.

You can take a look at t his document for wiring, but do note that it is showing how to wire to the CTB-08D and 16D. My thinking is you would probably have to apply a power supply only because there is only a two pin header on the DIO32. Someone a little smarter then me would probably be able to answer it better though.

I'm sure it will work as a trigger, just looks like it needs an external 9v power source for each of the PIR's

Dan / LOR Staff,

Would it be possible to get an updated UseMotionDetector.PDF that shows how to wire a PIR Motion detector directly to a DIO32 board?

Also please explain how to wire one or more motion detectors to the DIO16IOD 16 channel connection board? Also show any required jumper settings for power, etc.

Thanks!

Howard

Jeff Millard wrote:

Each 16 pin bank header has pins 1 thru 8 for the channels (not in that order) and pin 9 for +5vdc, pin 10 for ground.

See I told you someone smarter then me would know...

I actually didn't pay attention to the two extra pins, but that makes complete sense. Now I know how it works and understand the whole thing.

Thanks Jeff!!

Dan...Also can you tell us the dimensions of the board? I want to order a case for it as well but don't know what size to get. Will it fit into a PC box?

DIO32 Specifications (as listed in page 39 of the manual)

Dimensions: 8½”w x 5¼”h x 2"d
Channels: 32 broken into four groups of 8
Source/Sink current for outputs: 24 ma maximum
Channel Input/Output voltages: Approximately 0 and 5 vdc
Maximum draw from on-board power supplies: 1 amp total for all 4 ports from the 5vdc and 1 amp total for all 4 ports from the 12vdc. Both power supplies may be used simultaneously.

Wow...I must have read that manual about 330 times. I really need to pay more attention.

Thanks Howard!