Light-O-Rama Forums

intensity and dimming micro lights

t.vanhouts

I just build the CTB16PC kit. Allmost everything works fine except the intensity of channel 6 and 7. All channels with the micro lights with transformer works between 20 and 100%. Channel 6 and 7 will work between 43 and 100%.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong. I think that the resistor bank is not in the tolerance. But maybe I am wrong.

The second issue is: between 20% and 49% all the channels are nicely fades up till 49%. some channels are a little bit dimmed from 49% to 50%. when it goes up from 51% to 100% the lights will fade up again to there max.

Is there somthing i can do about those two issues.

Make sure you have the latest firmware on the card. 4.3.0 took care of some dimming issues that were not generally visible with regular mini lights but could be seen with some LED's. It might also have affected transformer powered lights.

Note that not all transformer powered lights are suitable for dimming..

The resistor packs would affect a whole bank of 4 channels at once, not just two, and generally not that way.

Have you swapped the lights and transformers around to be sure it is the channel, not the particular set of lights? Also, see if the firmware maybe impacts that as well.