Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3-Connector header card hitting the cover.

imfsimm

Hello Dan

I installed my MP3-Connector card today on my LOR1602MP3. It went on just fine.

The problem is when you put the cover on it hits. Not too bad, but enough where you can feel it rocking. I laid a ruler across from side to side and it definitely hits. Maybe mine just sticks out more for some reason. I really doubt this will be a issue, unless the cover creates too much downward pressure on the board.

I was thinking if I glued a couple of washers on the back of the cover this will take care of the problem. What do you think.

Thank You

Tim

Hi,

There should be about 1/8 inch clearance. How long ago did you get the LOR1602MP3?

Thanks
Dan

Don't sweat this, Dan.

I'm thinking about making a change anyway, I like the heavy duty box the LOR 1602MP3 comes with. If I use this controller outside, but I take the MP3 card off and attach it to a piece of wood inside my garage, purchase another controller and make this my main controller instead. Which board would you recommend. Will the MP3 controller work with the PC-CTB16PC? What else would I loose by doing this?

Does this make sense?

Thanks

Tim

I am not sure that I understand everything in the question but I will try an answer.

The DC-MP3 card will work fine detached from the LOR1602MP3. If is place more than 25' from the nearest controller you will want to get a 12vdc wall transfomer with 5.5mm adapter to power it. With the PC vs ShowTime you loose standalone, Unit ID switches, 1 year warranty vs 2....

Dan