Light-O-Rama Forums

CR150D questions

Denny

thebaronn wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
thebaronn wrote:
Is the programming for this in the new version of S2 that just came out?

Or will another version address control of the new item.........

Would it work like other software in that you would create 3 channels (one for each color) and combine then into a single channel that you could pick a color from? I understand what this will do and have my order amount ready!! I am just anxious to start programming!!!!!

btw? when does DESTINY :P go on sale???

There will be a new version of software that has some new features that will address the new RGB device. That version of S2 will have a single channel where you can pick a color (rather than 3 channels to pick the color). It will also allow more than 16 channels per controller so that all channels can be addressed from a single unit ID.

One more question: If have a RGB setup over 3 channels with sequencing already in place, will I be able to combine the 3 channels and have S2 figure the color automatically based on my earlier sequencing? Or will I have to toss out the old sequencing of 1 channel each for R, G, and B? I am adding 256 channels of RGB stuff this year (768 total channels 256R, 256G, 256B in S2 right now) And I have sequenced several songs, will I lose that if I want to convert it to the new color picker style? I just want to know if I need to be prepared to re-sequence all my Firefly setups. And if I should hold off on sequencing the DESTINY :] (I know that a 50 channel controller isnt supported now, but I can sequence my arches and cut an paste!!!)

Did my rambling make any sense??

Any word on how the RGB color picker will work with existing 3 channel RGB items?

Perhaps others have this same question...

In the past, a multi colored chasing arch may of required 32 sets of mini lights and 32 channels just to do one arch, about 20 feet long (wrapping light sets around a 1 1/4 pvc pipe). The arches seem rather popular this season.

If the CR150D eliminated the channel hog portion of the equation, and it sounds like it does, then the strip is a very impressive alternative to wrapping mini lights.

A couple questions i had were:
I think this is answered already... will the new S2 version offer the utility or means to create a bouncing or chasing arch?

Will there be any way to edit the length of the strip from 16 feet to say 20 feet if doing larger arches.

Screen shots of the software would be nice as well as close up pictures of the controller.

Detailed directions as to how to wire a typical LOR controller to a CR150D, and how many channels it would take to be able to create a mulitude of chasing sequences. Or an example of what it would take.

I too am wanting to figure out what i need to order to effectively create three large arches. 95% of my show is in LED's now, so i am pro LED, and like the idea of ease in storage versus winding mini lights.

Also, is this the best thread for the CR150D's. Thanks to Dan and crew. nice sale.

Thanks Chuck, i was just reading it as you replied.

screenshots of the programming, and closeups of the controller would be needed to put the order in, for me.

$$ are tough decision, as you need to get 3 or more to make it worthwhile.

yellowing in the sun worries me a bit. they are out there for 5-6 weeks, and we're in the south.

• The topic was locked