Light-O-Rama Forums

Card Assembled (Complete Package) Question

Coasterfanbase

Hey This is more aimed toward the staff at Light-O-Rama and this may be the stupidest question ever but I really wanna know.

I am thinking of getting the DIY Card Assembled (Complete Package) product and was wondering if is possible to get this with a blue card.

For me its just a personal thing that I want it in a different circuit board color, and I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for it.

I don't know I guess its something with me that I feel that it is newer if it is black red or blue card. Probably since I dismantle old PC's all the time and see green dusty cards that my brain just associates blue black and red as new high tech things that I want.

Another potential issue with having LOR producng a blue card - Blue cards generally are ROHS compliant. I am not sure if LOR adheres to this same convention. Assuming they do - It would cost money to make sure all the components that are used are also ROHS compliant or exempt and or switch those components that are not over to ones that are compliant.(possibly having to re-design the circuit board)

ROHS = Lead free

Coasterfanbase wrote:

I don't know I guess its something with me that I feel that it is newer if it is black red or blue card. Probably since I dismantle old PC's all the time and see green dusty cards that my brain just associates blue black and red as new high tech things that I want.

There's one difference you might not be taking into consideration. Sometimes even after a year or so motherboard manufacturers stop releasing firmware. LOR does things a bit differently. They support hardware for years adding new functions in the firmware. Last Christmas I had to make some changes to my show at the last minute to incorporate the shimmer and twinkle fades they gave us.

I never knew that blue PCBs actually meant something though.