Light-O-Rama Forums

Access to store is denied

Denny

bob wrote:

Downloaded the software; unfortunately, my e-mailed key said there was no license found for that address.

A few people said that this has happened to them. I suggest that anyone who had this problem try it one more time - we just found (and hopefully fixed) an error in the way that it looks up licenses by email address.

If you already got your license, don't worry about this - the problem won't ever have caused the wrong license to be given to someone; it will only have caused some people not to receive any license at all.

Nope, just tried it again and received the same message "We're sorry, no licenses were found for this address."

jfelix wrote:

I guess I need to wait until they email me my key code. I hope that my email address is the one I had when I ordered a few years back.

Have you gone through the "retrieve license" process? They won't send out the key codes unless you do that. It is on this page:

http://store.lightorama.com/software1.html

If you know you no longer have access to the email account that you used when you purchased the software, take a look at the second item in the licensing FAQ:

http://www.lightorama.com/S2LicenseFAQ.html

Just retrieved my key and downloaded/installed/registered 2.3.4 without any problems. Very smooth and simple. Took about 3 minutes total.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Just retrieved my key and downloaded/installed/registered 2.3.4 without any problems. Very smooth and simple. Took about 3 minutes total.

It worked the second time when I clicked (just download only) but I paid for the CD the 1st time......so I wonder what trouble I got myself into now?

In the comment box I stated that I still want the CD I ordered in the 1st attempt.

My order was verified in the 1st email but then the second email said" Your Light O Rama license information" but like others the email was blank.

So I tried the "Download only" and received a key.....but I hope I still get that CD I ordered.......I just wonder if there was a different "license key" in the 1st attempt?

I believe the license key stays the same. It is unique to your email address. Since you only ordered the CD once, and that order was confirmed, even though the license key had a glitch, I think your CD will still come.

My order was verified in the 1st email but then the second email said" Your Light O Rama license information" but like others the email was blank.

Could anyone who gets a "blank" message like this please send me (bob@lightorama.com) some info? In particular:
  • The email address you used to try to retrieve your key
  • Any other email address that you might have purchased your software with
  • Any name that you might have purchased your software with

I would like to try to figure out if there's anything in common that might cause these "blank" messages.

I just wonder if there was a different "license key" in the 1st attempt?

No, there shouldn't have been.

I retrieved my license key this morning ... flawlessly.

And downloaded the software ... flawlessly.

And installed and added the license key ... flawlessly.

LOR (and we know who you all are) ... you are a class act!

R.

Am I doing this the right way? Does retrieveing a license key mean purchase them? ( no fee involved- which I did this morning). I recieved an email stating none associated with my email address.

Steve

Rick Hughes wrote:

I retrieved my license key this morning ... flawlessly.

And downloaded the software ... flawlessly.

And installed and added the license key ... flawlessly.

LOR (and we know who you all are) ... you are a class act!

R.

Steve,

I got the same message. You need to call or write LOR. The email you got that said no license for the email or how ever it is phrased, give you the email addy you need to send info to. They are working on the few kinks and are more than happy to get you going.

Chuck

I tried again this morning, but got the same message about no licenses found for the address. I'm wondering now, if I did have another e-mail address back then, March 2005?

I had trouble too, I couldn't even find my original email with the download link
for S1. An email to software@lightorama.com Took care of everything.
Just Like I knew it would.

Tim

At 1 pm today I did send the required email response request as my email address was not recognized. I know my email address hasn't changed. I eagerly await a response. Thanks for the input.

Steve

Davidt wrote:

A minute or so later I received a second email with the subject "Your Light-O-Rama license information" however the email was blank, ie no content at all.

Problem fixed. License retrieved. Thanks Brian, Bob, Dan, et al.

Cheers,

davidt, Australia

Denny wrote:

I tried again this morning, but got the same message about no licenses found for the address. I'm wondering now, if I did have another e-mail address back then, March 2005?

After an e-mail from Dan, I received my license key -- two messages with the key. I'm curious Dan, what did I do wrong? Did I have a senior moment somewhere?

Anyway, thanks to Dan and everyone else out there in LOR land that helped.

After an e-mail from Dan, I received my license key -- two messages with the key. I'm curious Dan, what did I do wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong - we did (sorry).

There were a whole bunch of different ways that a person could have purchased LOR 1 software. For example, they could have bought the software by itself, or as part of a 16 channel starter package, or a 32 channel starter package, or a bunch of ways.

We intended to make licenses for everybody who purchased it in any of those ways. But we missed one possible way of purchasing the software, so anybody who bought it in that particular way -- you included -- didn't get a license created for them.

We have since fixed this, creating licenses for everybody who purchased the software in this overlooked way.

Once again, sorry for the problem.