Light-O-Rama Forums

Access to store is denied

Denny

I am trying to access the Light-O-Rama store and get the following message when I try to access any of the products. I assume this has something to do with the transition to get the new software, but how do you get around a username and password?

The server store.lightorama.com at Light-O-Rama requires a username and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).

That what you call a SERVER CRASH :?

Denny wrote:

I am trying to access the Light-O-Rama store and get the following message when I try to access any of the products. I assume this has something to do with the transition to get the new software, but how do you get around a username and password?

The server store.lightorama.com at Light-O-Rama requires a username and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).

Ohhhh, so that is what a server crash looks like! Dan better watch it or Yahoo may tell him to take his store somewhere else!

Dan can be up dating the web pages, most of the time you disable access while doing updates.

Yes, the Website is being updated, new version is 2.3.4 but not available just yet.

If you approach it from the right direction, it has a notice that the store is closed until 6PM EDT...

michael.farney wrote:

The store is starting to come back up! I can get to the new software page.

Store is back up and running.

Downloaded the 2.3.4 and got my Registration Key.

Easy as pie.

Same here. The license key had appeared by the time I had switched to Outlook, and the updated software had downloaded in a couple of minutes. Now to connect a controller and give it a go . . . .

Regards,

Alan.

Denny wrote:

Unfortunately there was no nice way with the Yahoo Store Manger to temporally shut the store down for maintenance. You can however password protect the entier store so no one can get into it.

The main store page had a (sorry closed for maintenance...) message but with some browser settings you may have needed to click refresh to see that message.

The store is open.

Dan

Downloaded the software; unfortunately, my e-mailed key said there was no license found for that address. As far as I know, this is the e-mail address I have had when I ordered LOR about four years ago. If the data base also checks against phone number, zip code, or even ISP, all that has changed. I responded to the e-mail message at the address provided, so I'll just have to be patient and await the key.

Edit to add: After reading Dan's "Important Announcement," perhaps the 250 e-mail message has already been met which would preclude sending of the key. Hmmmm.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum55/19165.html

Denny wrote:

Downloaded the software; unfortunately, my e-mailed key said there was no license found for that address. As far as I know, this is the e-mail address I have had when I ordered LOR about four years ago. If the data base also checks against phone number, zip code, or even ISP, all that has changed. I responded to the e-mail message at the address provided, so I'll just have to be patient and await the key.

Edit to add: After reading Dan's "Important Announcement," perhaps the 250 e-mail message has already been met which would preclude sending of the key. Hmmmm.

The same thing happened to me, and I used the same email I purchsed with.

Dan,

I'm not sure if this is a symptom of the 250 email limit or not. I went through the retrieve licence process and received a confirmation order email.

A minute or so later I received a second email with the subject "Your Light-O-Rama license information" however the email was blank, ie no content at all.

Does this mean that I need to try re-ordering again at another time?

Thanks for all your support.

David Tilson, Australia

Davidt wrote:

Dan,

I'm not sure if this is a symptom of the 250 email limit or not. I went through the retrieve licence process and received a confirmation order email.

A minute or so later I received a second email with the subject "Your Light-O-Rama license information" however the email was blank, ie no content at all.

David Tilson, Australia
Same here.

Denny wrote:

This same thing happened to me about the email address not found. I tried to access the license page like 10 minutes after the start. IF the problem was due to like Dan stated about the email message limit. I would suspect you would not get any email at all. I have sent an email to software@lightorama.com and waiting.

I know that originally I ordered via telephone. Which may be the problem.

Chuck

I just downloaded the software and keys with no problems. I love the new look, thanks Dan for all the hard work.

Downloaded the software; unfortunately, my e-mailed key said there was no license found for that address.

A few people said that this has happened to them. I suggest that anyone who had this problem try it one more time - we just found (and hopefully fixed) an error in the way that it looks up licenses by email address.

If you already got your license, don't worry about this - the problem won't ever have caused the wrong license to be given to someone; it will only have caused some people not to receive any license at all.

Davidt wrote:

Dan,

David Tilson, Australia

Yes same here....plus I already ordered the CD as well. Now what do we do?

I guess I need to wait until they email me my key code. I hope that my email address is the one I had when I ordered a few years back.