Light-O-Rama Forums

NC Triangle area coffee time

Al in Raleigh

I am sorry to hear of the site crashing. I sure do appreciate all the effort that it takes to organize a full-function website for us to share !

Thanks !

Denny Cole

• 2 weeks later...

I've posted the time and place for our gathering on July 25, 2009. To keep from having to post to multiple forums, I've gathered (and will exclusively update) all of the details at our local forum ChristmasCarolina.com. The time and place is on the second page.

http://christmascarolina.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14

We look forward to meeting and learning from our peers in the Raleigh area. I believe a few people from other parts of NC will be there too.
Al

Sounds good Al. I did not see any of my posts in your summary, but I will be there.

I also passed along this group information to Don Williams, who has a 600+ channel setup. I see he's planning to attend. I have at least one other guy to contact.

This will be fun ! I will see you guys on the 25th.

Thanks

Denny Cole

Hi Denny,
Th meeting is going to be fun. I've had people email and PM me from out of town that might show up. William said something about a simulcast. It is fun meeting new people and looking at other people's cleaver ideas. If you or anybody else has something fun or interesting which you want to demonstrate or educate us on then bring it on. We would love to see it.

I'm looking forward to putting a face with your name Denny. See you on the 25th.
Al

PS. I updated the group buy link yesterday too. That group buy saved me personally about $120. Now that got my attention to point I'm sure I will want to do that again with something else.

I hope the group buy has not yet taken place for the wire and connectors. I did not see anything about a buy since our last few emails. So I am waiting for the meeting to cement some deals !

Here's a face pic with my wife and two of my 4 kids ..

Thanks

Denny

Attached files 177224=10117-New Years Eve 08 008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Our meeting is really shaping up. It is turning out to be a miniature mini. D-light Designs just shipped us a Firefly unit with controller AND a Servo8 controller. This is going to be a great meeting. For specifics here is the agenda thread on CarolinaChristmas.com

http://christmascarolina.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91

Al

I am excited about this meeting. Except for a few chats with Don Williams, this will be my first time rubbing shoulders with others involved with LOR gear (and D-Light, etc etc)...

I would like to proposed that we schedule some meetings for software. I would sure like to see a review and demo of the latest LOR software (which I purchased). And maybe some tips on trading some of our software routines and music (or where to find some).

Maybe one or two weeknights would be a good time to meet for something like this? I have also found that Sunday evenings seem to work well for hobby meetings. Even guys who travel for a living are usually around on Sunday before they head off to their "work week."

I know from discussion (with you guys) that it will take a while to get the software organized to my controller plan, so the sooner the better !

Denny :D

kidcole wrote:

I am excited about this meeting. Except for a few chats with Don Williams, this will be my first time rubbing shoulders with others involved with LOR gear (and D-Light, etc etc)...

I would like to proposed that we schedule some meetings for software. I would sure like to see a review and demo of the latest LOR software (which I purchased). And maybe some tips on trading some of our software routines and music (or where to find some).

Denny :D

Hi Denny,

We can schedule some time for software in the future. If you bring along a laptop and have time after tjhe meeting on Saturday, I/we will answer questions to get you up and running. Later we can answer the harder questions. Several of us at this meeting are quite good with S2. As a matter of fact, we might have some Light Show Pro meetings too. That is a very powerful software that I am learning now.

Meeting times are a tough thing to schedule. I picked this time due to several factors. I just wanted to get the ball rolling. The group can decide where and when it goes from here.
Al

Hi Lee. Where did you get the closing graphic that says "LOR USER with 16 Channels"?

Thanks,

Denny

Excellent ! Thanks Al .. It worked perfectly ..

Now I gotta get em all working ! I downloaded the S2 software update today.

... progress !